The role of the Business Analyst / Project Manager (BA / PM) is to work closely with the business units to capture, consolidate, and communicate the project-related information to the vendor's IT staff. The BA / PM is critical in ensuring that the business requirements are appropriately defined, prioritized, and communicated to the fulfillment organization (Vendor IT Staff, Internal Development Staff, etc.).
Additional responsibilities include ensuring technical and operational performance, data integrity, and that operational business needs are met by the system. As the business needs change, this position must identify the plans for enhancing the application and ensure that high profile, high-risk projects are implemented on time, within budget, and with the level of excellence required to meet customer expectations. This position should also focus on ways to implement process improvements for the benefit of the organization. This position is responsible for the attainment of short and long-term goals necessary to provide information systems/applications that involve a number of technologies and support key business functions.
Through the projects and support provided to the business, the Business Analyst / Project Managers will help the company to achieve the goals and objectives of the business. This position will manage the work of vendors and various subject matter experts.
- Support Business Unit organizations on new systems development, major enhancements, satisfying day to day requests, and accomplishing their IT objectives in general. Proactively develop or coordinate development efforts of others to implement information systems solutions to solve business problems (70%)
- Ensure that the application meets the operational business needs.
- Establish business plans for the system to support changes in business strategy or operations.
- Project-manage efforts for these enhancements that improve and upgrade the system.
- Provide recommendations, requirements development, and project management on information systems solutions.
- Complete requirements definition and system specifications, including gathering user input, defining business needs, analyzing alternatives, performing acceptance testing, and supporting users with training as needed.
- Analyze application components to ensure online screens, databases, interfaces, files and reports function appropriately to ensure data integrity and operational performance.
- Approve requests from personnel across the company for assistance with IT issues: problems acquiring data, ideas for enhancements, application of technology, and general support (15%)
- Manage consultants and development vendors in both maintenance and new project development activities. (15%)
Four years of College resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 8 to 10 years of experience
- Management or administration of CBT information systems or similar functions at another company.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to provide customer-oriented IT support and consultative services to internal clients
- Experience with the particular business process/function/data that the assigned system(s) support.
- Experience analyzing and implementing IT projects in a team environment
- Management of consultants/vendors
- Experience with the IT systems development life cycle processes on a multi-user system, including:
- development and execution of test plans and cases
- development of system and user documentation
- development and completion of requirements analysis/process flow design
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Personal integrity with uncompromising ethical standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Analytical skills and ability to translate user needs into application requirements
- Must be experienced in the processes used to analyze, design, develop, and implement complex corporate-wide information systems
- Project management skills and experience in organizing, planning, delegating tasks, and executing large-scale information technology projects
- Testing skills required to validate system changes to ensure quality deliverables and system health
- Ability to perform multiple project tasks simultaneously
- Teamwork, written and verbal communication skills, vendor management, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, and financial analysis
- Ability to work as a member of a project team representing a particular system while focusing on the goals of the overall project
- Working knowledge of hardware and software platforms, vendors, and products.
- Teamwork, vendor management, conflict resolution, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to comprehend complex concepts
- Supervises two or more non-exempt employees
- Supervises contract employees