Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle is seeking a Software Developer III. The position is located in Columbus, OH.
As a Software Developer at Battelle you will spend your day designing, coding, and testing software. Our projects are non-standard, highly customized, and will push you to new levels as a software developer. Most of our software is developed in C/C++ and runs on embedded systems.
We are a not for profit 501c3, which means that we invest in our employees and ideas. We fund internal research and development ideas, we have paid training budgets, and we have unlimited snacks and coffee. Our work environment is t-shirt/jeans, flexible hours, and once a month we will play together on a CTF
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF YOU ENJOY
- C/C++ development that supports critical customer missions
- Applying concepts from newer compiled languages such as Go, or Rust to embedded development.
- Developing for real time operating systems (RTOS) and interesting embedded systems.
- Applying understanding of software development to the analysis of compiled custom operating systems by learning reverse engineering principles.
- Software development is fun and fulfilling when good workflows, processes, and environments exist.
- We work hard to make sure our engineers have the following:
- Reproducible builds to get you going faster with a given project.
- Continuous integration and strong configuration management practices to validate assumptions made between components to avoid conflicts.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE FROM YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE or related field with (5) years of experience, or master’s degree in related field with (3) year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Professional experience in the development of firmware/software for embedded systems
- Strong understanding of embedded software development in C/C++
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work individually and in small fast paced team environments
- Passion and drive to constantly need to improve your skill set
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Must be US Citizen
SOME OF THE EXTRAS THAT MAKE WORKING HERE GREAT
- Learn (tuition assistance, paid training) and teach (get published, speak at a conference)
- Software and Intellectual Property development royalty sharing
- Mentorship and learning culture
- Internally funded and guided research projects with large amounts of individual autonomy
Battelle Cyber Challenge: https://battellecyberchallenge.org/
Battelle Cyber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqMuKsqH9wc
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers