OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
You may think you know Staples, but did you know that we are more than just the retail stores? Our Staples Business Advantage sales team works with business customers of all sizes by offering consultative solutions and innovative ideas to help them grow and thrive!
If you are looking for a sales role with uncapped commission (top performers make six-figures!), car allowance, flexible work environment and to be a part of a collaborative, winning team, let’s talk!
What you’ll be doing:
This position offers comprehensive, new hire training and an accelerated path to success! You will start as a B2B Sales Associate, where you will participate in instructor-led and on-the-job training for two months. You will then use your newly acquired skills to work within a defined territory to prospect for and set your own appointments with potential business customers, develop new accounts, and further expand our customer base. After several successful months as B2B Sales Associate, you will be on your way to your first promotion with Staples!
As you transition from a B2B Sales Associate to a B2B Sales Consultant, you will continue to prospect potential customers, working with a team of sales support and product category experts to ensure all customer needs are met. Success will be measured (and uncapped commissions paid!) for the attainment of weekly sales activity and quota goals, including metrics for phone calls, emails, meetings, wins, and sales quota. In the B2B Sales Consultant role, you may be working with internal and external customers virtually, in person or both, depending upon the current environment of your market.
After a successful first year in role, you will have the opportunity to participate in additional career development programs that will offer exposure and growth opportunities to prepare you for advanced selling or leadership positions within Staples!
Check outRiley’s career path story, from a B2B Sales Consultant to the Vice President of Furniture Solutions!
What you bring to the table
- You are financially driven and are excited by the chance to make uncapped commission!
- You have a passion for solving customer’s challenges through consultative selling-methods
- You love to win and have a relentless work ethic
- You set and reach goals, raising the bar each time
- You have a high level of self-accountability and work well autonomously
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- Ability to travel within your territory (personal transportation is required; however, car and cell phone allowance is provided)
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- 1-3 years sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry knowledge
- Proven time management skills to well accommodate multiple customer appointments and completion of administrative tasks
- You succeed in an incentive structured position
- Salary plus commission
- Monthly car/cell phone allowance
- On the job, paid New Hire Training
- Best-in-Class Sales Methodology Training
- Additional Incentive and Recognition for Top Performers (Including annual Sales Excellence trip)
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Reform Center
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits _!_
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time