Troll Systems Corporation designs and manufactures airborne microwave antenna and ground based control systems for the broadcaset electronic news gathering, military, public safety, surveillance, and airborne law enforcement industries.
Purpose: Business Development is responsible for seeking out new business opportunities while increasing existing business by developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external business plan to increase revenues and profits. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization.
Function/Role: Business Development is a strategic job role which will focus on near term (same fiscal year) and longer-term business development activities as described below:
- Create, execute, and lead development and execution of the Manned and Unmanned Datalink Market Segment Strategic Growth Plan.
- Focus on key accounts and targets, identify opportunities, and develop strategies and tactics to win business and drive long term growth.
- Develop and maintain senior level relationships within key customers to broaden awareness, understand current and emerging needs, and position Troll as a solution leader.
- Successfully prospect, drive discovery, and secure new business with customers by positioning Troll products with a focus on Defense customers including Tier l Prime contractors as well as secondary contract manufacturers who directly support Defense programs.
- Provide value added solutions to customers by understanding their current and future requirements and developing and implementing strategies to win with Troll products.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets and exceeds revenue and profitability targets.
- Develop and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline with targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Provide timely, concise, and accurate written information of account and opportunity status, plans and events.
- Proactively and willingly leverage and collaborate with the Troll team, to include:
- Solution Architects,
- Inside Sales, Marketing, and
- Product Management.
- Prepare and provide business reviews and presentations to the management team.
- Attend conferences and appropriate industry /professional association meetings (virtual or in person) and promote Troll solutions and brand.
- Deliver on revenue plan.
Key Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Is highly proficient with datasets and software tools for database management, analysis, and communications including text document preparation, technical drawings, numerical analysis, project management, presentation materials, graphic arts and media, networking applications, and modern CRM systems. Candidate will have high proficiency with Microsoft 365 Suite, Visio, and MS Project apps, as well as Adobe Creative suite tools.
- Is highly proficient in RF & Microwave radio, antenna, and transmission technologies.
- Understands fundamental networking and data communications technologies.
- Understands program dynamics and US Government contracting processes for NASA, Department of Defense, and Department of Homeland Security programs.
- Performs contract review and negotiation for the purpose of managing Bid and Proposal
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing on campaigns for new products and company's web/social-media presence.
- Performs market research and analysis in order to provide input to and implements the strategic marketing plan.
- Assists in or produces technical and marketing studies and business plans for new product development and NPI.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
- Evaluates the company’s technical systems and operational models to advise on their contributions to the competitive and current it is with the latest trends in the industry.
- Furnishes input to sales and marketing, product management, engineering, and general staff regarding customer and competitive trends in business models and technologies.
- Develops and manages strong customer relations via demand for high customer satisfaction scores and excellent performance on programs.
- The ideal candidate is familiar with functional and regulatory roles and processes withing the Aviation and Aerospace, and Communications industries, including experience working with government and partnering industry associations including the FAA, RTCA, EASA, ICAO, as well as FCC, NTIA, and WRC.
- Understands US import and export regulation as relates to commercial, defense, and dual use technologies.
- Is familiar with Quality Systems and related business processes, especially ISO9001 and AS9100 systems. Develops brochures or other print or electronic ads to market corporate services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Assists in planning of any event that highlights corporate services.
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents.
- Performs public speaking to volunteer organizations and committees regarding public relations, marketing and development.
- Travel up to 60%
Competencies: Business Development will demonstrate:
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Collaborative, respectful, and team-oriented demeanor
Essential functions and responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: B.S. EE, CS degree or equivalent. Successful candidate will have at least 10 years direct Sales and Business Development experience in the Defense market segment with consistent, measurable and verifiable evidence of successful business engagements and results. DOD and itnernational experiience in ISR antenna comms.
Computer Skills: Expert user of MS365 Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Publisher, CRM and ERP programs.
Certificates and Licenses: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder for authorized access to controlled technology/data as subject to ITAR as well as possess both a valid driver's license and passport.
This position is full time, 9/80 work schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48.00 - $51.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
As required by Cal/OSHA we exercise the 6-foot physical distancing and proper face covering.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Valencia, CA (Required)
- Must be Expert user and verifiable level of Microsoft Suite of tools indlucing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Teams, etc. Also have stron experience with any CRM platform.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Sales and Business Development: 10 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 75% (Required)
- One location