As we grow and scale—often in unexpected ways—we have to be more creative and disruptive in our approaches. While we must continuously delivery first class logistics services to our internal partners using our existing models and tools, we must also look to innovation and automation to be ready for the future. More of the same may not work. This Technical Lead will be particularly instrumental in helping us cope with known and unknown scaling and supply chain continuity challenges. To leverage your experience and insights, you will immerse yourself to learn FB infrastructure landscape and culture to anticipate, plan for, and develop early direction on solutions for cross-functional, highly technical, hard-to-detect challenges and potential pitfalls for existing process and tools.
This role will engage leaders and SMEs across IDC, Infra, and FB cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that our process and tools are aligned with long term business strategy, operational scalability and sustainability. The role will require deep understanding of IBOS operations to be able to partner, gain consensus, and align with other team’s strategic goals. Examples of key stakeholders at the data centers are the teams that manage and maintain: racks and servers, facilities and power management equipment, optics, cabling and network switches. We also work closely with teams that have responsibilities for accounting, trade, and tax compliance regulations and guidelines.
- Have deep understanding of IBOS and cross-functional workflows and tools to identify opportunities and risk and provide guidance on how to evolve based on the trajectories of FB long range plans.
- Operate in a rapidly evolving, often ambiguous environment and demonstrate the ability to detect, collect and process new information and re-prioritize desired outcomes as needed in our rapidly changing and growing FB infrastructure environment.
- Partner with IDC stakeholders (FacOps, SiteOps, ENS, DCC, etc.) to understand their short term and long-term priorities and provide guidance and direction on how IBOS can support these needs.
- Partner with SOE and CEA stakeholders to anticipate, understand, and help shape changes to our supply chain strategy and associated operating models, providing guidance on how these changes will improve scalability, efficiency, adaptability for IBOS teams that must deal with the “last mile” of these efforts.
- Work with key company-wide organizations, including Legal, Tax, Finance, AP, Audit, Trade Compliance, and others with an emphasis on the accuracy and reliability of IBOS data, signals, and feedback, especially with respect to compliance concerns.
- Work with all relevant stakeholders and partners on emerging projects to ensure the full set of IBOS concerns and prerequisites are considered and planned for at the earliest possible stages.
- Follow industry best practices and trends, as well as strategic direction of the business and technology platforms. Understand and articulate how to leverage these into our internal business strategies to create sustainable and scalable operations models.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Engineering, or Science
- Experience in logistics, operations, program management, supply chain, analytics
- 15+ years of combined logistics experience
- Experience in process mapping, gap analysis, business requirements, and data analysis
- Experience cross-functional collaboration across multiple teams
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing 3PLs and outsourced service providers
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Science.