Conner Industries is a leading manufacturer and distributor of industrial lumber, panel goods, and industrial wood packaging. Conner has an outstanding reputation in our industry and has been supplying forest products and wood packaging for almost 40 years. Conner has 14 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and is #2 in the U.S. market share.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide administrative support and excellent customer service to the Company's team of lumber and packaging sales professionals. Responsible for being the customer point of contact for billing, sales support and customer solutions.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Work with all levels of personnel and management, to achieve customer satisfaction
- Foster internal and external customer relations with a strong emphasis on customer retention and continued lifecycle and positive customer references
- Identify new revenue opportunities through a consultative process, passing all leads to the sales team and communicate customer value propositions
- Proactively ensure complete customer satisfaction and follow up, by coordinating resolution to sales order issues that may arise, through customer phone calls and other communication
- Assist sales team by updating the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Deliver weekly status reports and monthly analysis of customer requests to Sales Directors
- Provide billing, credit and collections information to the accounting department
- Appraise sales team and primary sales representative of customer status throughout fulfilment of the sales order process
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree desired, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3+ years sales assistant or office administration experienc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MSOffice, including strong Excel skills
- Experience with a CRM, including data input and reporting
- Analytic skills to quickly and accurately assimilate information making sound business decisions
- Must be self-motivated and able to make limited and independent judgments based on given alternatives
- Understand importance of ‘do what you say’
OTHER DUTIESPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change.
Conner Industries does not disqualify applicants that test positive for THC on the pre-employment drug screen. As permitted by state law, applicants being considered for positions with the following responsibilities: CDL Drivers, Forklift Operators, Sales, Maintenance, Management, and all Corporate positions, must pass a drug and alcohol test, done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics, before beginning work in that position. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification for the desired position. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Company Paid Holidays
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Training & Development