The Cambro Director of Sales Development plays a key role as the primary point of contact for all distributors, dealers and end users and has total responsibility for all aspects of sales development within the assigned territory.
Essential Functions: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for sales management and development in all foodservice operator channels.
- Ability to communicate and implement strategic direction to each manufacturer’s representative firm or factory-direct sales team.
- Must be able to present and negotiate with top management within all operator and distribution channels that Cambro services
- Grow and nurture relationships with top 10 distribution customers within the assigned territory
- Must be able to manage and resolve conflicts within sales distribution and operator channels.
- Have the skillset to promote the needs of outside sales group within various internal departments at Cambro.
- Effectively and consistently use technology as a tool to manage. Such as Salesforce.com, EDI, Internet, SAP.
- Identify new market opportunities and execute strategy to obtain new business
- Ability to manage Local Marketing Funds, Buying Group Fund and Specialty Programs within defined geography
- Proactively communicate sales issues and opportunities with all areas of Cambro (i.e.: Quality, Marketing, Accounting, Planning, Customer Service, NPD and Logistics)
- Communicate all sales measurements and monitor progress by territory
- Rep Report Card (monthly reviews)
- Functional Rewards Program (quarterly)
- Deviated Programs (as required)
- Buying Group Programs (annually)
- National Contracts (as required)
- Hold representatives accountable to specific initiatives. Assist in providing direction and identifying ongoing areas of improvement.
- Conduct monthly business reviews in each territory based on sales performance and the Rep Report Card. Create a collaborative action plan to correct any deficient areas with specific goals and dates to complete.
- Conduct performance reviews and create developmental plans for all direct reports as needed.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time with frequent overnight travel.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist, squat, climb, crawl, kneel, twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands repetitively for simple, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, carrying/lifting up to 75 lbs..
- Drive vehicle
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Face mask as required by company policy.
Requirements: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- S. diploma or equivalent, and at least 5-7 years of focused sales and sales management in the foodservice industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, negotiation, sales presentation skills
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Calculate figures and amounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must live within the assigned territory
- Participate and support Buying Groups in territory
- Attend necessary trade shows and national show
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field. Preferred
- Foodservice sales industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Concur.
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law._
Location: 5801 Skylab Rd, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Job Type: Full-time