Ingersoll Rand’s Precision & Science Technologies business is looking for a smart, curious, and driven Application & Sales Engineer in North America to enhance the Company's understanding of the unique properties and benefits of emerging technologies being developed internally for the Agriculture, Horticulture and Water market. This role will have unique opportunity to join the venture at early stage to build and execute strategy.
This is a critical customer facing sales and technical application position responsible for developing and driving growth with direct customers and channel partners; building long term relationships. The Application & Sales Engineer provides technical support in defining, evaluating and preparing technical proposals per customer’s application requirements, engineering standards and scope of work for small to large scale global projects related to this exciting emerging technology start-up. Accountable for the strategy and performance achievement of specific revenue objectives.
- Conducts Field Pilots, where and when appropriate, to enhance Company's understanding of Poseidon’s value proposition for specific applications and customers, determining technical benefits and defining the technical value proposition for product(s)
- Provides appropriate direction to Product Development for new product introductions, product improvements and product specifications based on customer experiences and market needs
- Supports product launches through beta product testing in the field.
- Supports customers with Field Service issues that include installations, troubleshooting and other customer issues
- Supports Sales team by preparing any technical / commercial proposals including assistance in design/integration of IR Poseidon’s product into new or existing technical installations
- Develops materials / program / tools to train Salespeople and Partners on advantages of IR Poseidon system within these applications
- Implements measurable data collection method and documents work by maintaining organized and accessible files for each proposal/job.
- Identifies new applications and market opportunities
- Provides technical mentorship and training to future Technical Service team and Sales team
- Monitors and assists in installation at the customer site, coordinating efforts of any external or customer staff as needed.
- Supports business development activities in collaboration with sales, engineering, marketing, and product management teams
- Travel 30%+ of the time
- Other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor degree in a technical field, mechanical engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or process industry preferred).
- 5+ years technical application experience, including the ability to read, understand and create accurate, relevant technical drawings using 2D & 3D design tools such as Solidworks or CAD
- Experience in a manufacturing and industrial environment, preferably one in pumps, water systems, water treatment, aeration, oxidation, or similar fields preferred
- Project Management experience
- Effective organizational skills
- Advanced influencing and professional communication skills (written/verbal, presenting).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Good driving and safety record and the ability to use a vehicle, driving on behalf of the company
- Advanced proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft office suite, design software
- Sales competency - Able to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with the ability to apply successful selling practices and techniques.
- Customer Service Mindset - Ability to provide superior customer service with internal and external customers
- Communication Skills: Proven effective communication skills including the ability to translate complex technical topics in a way that is clear and concise which resonates positively with non-technical people. Positive language and professional presentation skills. Able to connect well with others building long standing relationships.
- Collaborative and results oriented - Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Meeting deadlines and results expected.
- Technical acumen – Able to use technical expertise for proposal excellence and ensuring technical application meets or exceeds customer needs.
About Ingersoll Rand:
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is committed to helping make life better. We provide innovative and mission-critical industrial, energy, medical and specialty vehicle products and services across 40+ respected brands designed to excel in even the most complex and harsh conditions where downtime is especially costly. Our employees connect to customers for life by delivering proven expertise, productivity and efficiency improvements. For more information, visit www.IRCO.com.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request and a member of our team will contact you.