ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are looking for a seasoned and experienced Technology Industry Architecture professional to join our Global Vertical organization. The ideal candidate is a technology industry expert with experience in helping technology companies transform their systems and business processes, especially in terms of customer service and/or network operations domains. S/he has a point of view on how operational transformation can differentiate the employee and customer experience in this sector. S/he has experience in architecting complex, comprehensive and integrated software solutions for the technology industry. And s/he is passionate about how cloud-based software products can help accelerate the transformation of the industry.
This role will serve as ServiceNow’s senior technical expert for the technology industry. The Director, Technology Industry Architecture will collaborate with customers and partners to create the best practice ServiceNow solution architecture for the industry, as well as help key accounts to fine tune this architecture to their unique needs. This individual will become the trusted advisor of our customers, product organization, sales teams and partners, as well as support our industry leadership team in making strategic decisions
1) Industry Experience: 12+ years working in the IT or service operations group of a technology company, or playing an senior enterprise architect and/or solution consulting role in a software company that sells technology organizations. Familiarity with customer care and cloud operations processes and the landscape and patterns of the core systems of a technology company, preferably including customer service and/or operations.
2) Solution Architecture Development: Proven track record of collaborating with internal domain experts, customers and partners to create industry-specific solution architectures for technology companies. Demonstrated ability to determine repeatable industry use cases, understand the IT ecosystem, explain how the solution integrates with this ecosystem, and help provide best practices for successful transformations in the technology industry.
3) Strategic Decision Making: Influence our product organization on technological and architectural considerations for our industry products. Ability to provide management insight and understanding on customer implementations and best practice deployment architectures to help identify the ideal target segments for ServiceNow.
4) Solution Sales Success: Passion for and track record of collaborating with global sales teams (Account Executives, Solution Consultants, Product Sales) as a trusted advisor to architect the best industry solution for each customer. Experience enabling sales teams on the technology industry IT landscape, and help them develop the ideal architecture for key solution-based opportunities.
5) Cross-Functional Execution: Proven ability to generate results in a highly matrixed organization, collaborating with Sales, Pre-Sales, Product Management, Professional Services, Enablement, and Alliances organizations around a common technology industry strategy.
6) Content Development: Demonstrated ability to create and distribute compelling internal and external content, including technology IT ecosystem overview, use case analysis, and solution blueprint / architecture.
7) Customer Engagement: Ability to present to customer audiences and build credibility around the ServiceNow solution architecture for technology companies.
12+ years of experience working in or selling into the technology industry, with deep
knowledge of operational business processes, preferably including the customer service
and/or cloud operations domains
- Ideal candidates would have extensive experience in transforming a technology company (either as an IT business or IT), preferably a cloud software company (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS) have been involved in planning, architecting and delivering transformation projects.
- Software Solution Engineer and/or Software Architecture experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership experience
- Understanding of key repeatable industry use cases and IT ecosystem in a technology
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to develop trusted advisor relationships with customers, partners, product teams and sales organizations
- Superior organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
Familiarity with ServiceNow and/or the digital workflow technology market
- Ability to thrive in a super-fast paced, constantly evolving company
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or related Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.