Alkami builds and delivers the nation’s most innovative cloud-based digital banking (online and mobile apps) for Credit Unions and Banks with over 10mm contracted users of our platform. Through our bold investments in technology and people, our clients confidently grow, adapt quickly and build thriving digital banking communities to compete against the Megabanks. Founded over 11 years ago with headquarters in Plano, Alkami is one of the fastest growing software companies in Texas. To share just a few of our recent recognitions: Best Place to Work in Fintech; Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies; Deloitte Technology Fast 500; Tech Titans Top 5; and, SMU Cox Caruth Institute Dallas 100. With every Alkamist having ownership in Alkami, we are obsessively intentional about our culture: optimistic-perseverance, caring-collaboration, transparent-communication, courageous-innovation, trusted-accountability and real-fun. Beyond intentional culture, our commitment is to attract and retain amazing talent by fostering a high-growth, dynamic and rewarding environment; providing great benefits; making meaningful investments in learning and development; celebrating our successes together in remarkable ways; and, ACTing together by taking time to give back and volunteer.
Alkami is hiring a talented professional that has a passion for planning and attention to detail, and senior customer-facing experience with launching large enterprise-scale cloud software solutions. This position will report into the Manager, Implementation Services under Alkami’s Delivery division and be responsible for managing customer implementations, establishing schedules, coordinating internal cross-functional dependencies, and in general helping customers prepare for production launches.
Successful candidates must have a strong sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion and be successful in a collaborative environment. Communication skills are critical as well as the ability to quantify and manage all aspects of the project, balancing both client and internal team objectives while adhering to established timelines and contract scope.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plan and conduct project kickoff meetings.
- Create project schedules and define project deliverables based around project scope supplied by Sales team.
- Track and manage project milestones and customer reported issues.
- Communicate status, issues and risks to project stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation, meeting minutes, meeting agendas, scope amendments, and key customer communication archives.
- Create and manage configuration documentation for client projects.
- Be the primary point of contact for all client inquiries for projects being managed.
- Work closely with Product Development and Services to resolve complex issues reported by our customers.
- Provide regular input to the Services management team on process improvements and best practices.
- Track individual and team time reporting for assigned projects and ensure compliance with budgeted project labor.
- Coordinate with the account management team during implementation lifecycle and post-launch stage to maintain customer relationships and communication.
- Host recurring customer conference calls to drive project execution; travel onsite to assigned customer facilities when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities. This position requires extensive interaction on the phone, web conferencing and by e-mail with our external customers, third-party vendors, and other Alkami employees. Demonstrated experience interacting with customer stakeholders at all management levels.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical project management experience in the financial services or software industry with demonstrated responsibility and success is required.
- Extensive experience interfacing with external clients including written, telephonic and face to face interactions and project level communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Direct experience in software development, agile preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word is required.
- Basic knowledge of networks including VPNs, VM servers and terminal services is required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to lead a team of technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to perform successfully in a high-pressure, fast-pace working environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Careful attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
- Proficiency with managing web sites on a Microsoft server platform.
- A general knowledge of Internet routing and related protocols
- A general knowledge of Firewall operations as they relate to Internet connectivity.
- Previous work experience with the banking and financial industry as it relates to Internet home banking applications.
Cool Things to Know:
- Not Just Any Company: Alkami has an awesome diverse and inclusive environment. We have a FUN culture and offer great benefits. Did you know every Alkamist has ownership in Alkami? We also have on and off site employee events and activities.
- Relocation: Unfortunately we don't offer relocation assistance. We are ready for you to contribute from our super cool Plano, TX location.
- Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
- Recruiters: We are not looking for outside recruiting firms to help us in this search — we know who you are and we love you, but we don’t need you right now.
The Important Stuff
Alkami Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alkami is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alkami are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alkami will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alkami encourages applicants of all ages.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Client Facing
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help