Account Executive - New England
Monday, July 19, 2021
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts daily sales calls to establish new and maintain ongoing business with referral sources in the medical community.
- Works with Sales Leadership to validate and develop territory call plans to grow business.
- Builds long-term, trusting relationships with referral sources.
- Promotes products and services provided to all health care professionals that they may encounter daily.
- Educates referral sources on the use of products and services provided by AdaptHealth.
- Collaborates with intake, customer service, document collection as well as other functional areas within the company to help process orders and drive sales growth.
- Communicates and explains Medicare and private insurance procedures, pricing information, and product information to referral sources.
- Generates a steady stream of referrals, selling all offered services, to meet sales quotas for this position and territory.
- Creates, executes, and manages a territory call plan, and shares plan weekly with Director.
- Documents call plan and results when and where available.
- Increases referral volume from assigned accounts by promotion within business lines and cross selling among business lines through regular and ongoing solicitation/facilitation of referral orders from assigned accounts.
- Understands and maintains focus on most profitable business lines.
- Works with the Intake team to obtain complete referral information and medical documentation to ensure complete, accurate and timely processing of referrals.
- Accepts referrals based on a current knowledge and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance reimbursement guidelines for services and/or equipment.
- Suggests alternative equipment as warranted based on reimbursement limitations.
- Acts as a resource to all external customers to facilitate resolution of AH patient issues in coordination with members of the operational teams within AH to assure optimal patient and referral source outcomes.
- Evaluates interrelationship of referral source, medical team and reimbursement concerns and strives to make fact-based, balanced decisions.
- Participates in obtaining MD orders/signatures for appropriate documentation and original prescriptions while on-site when the Intake team is unable to do so.
- Works closely with leadership and sales team to identify trends and capture suggestions made by the community referral sources.
- Conducts sales & service rounds in assigned facilities promoting availability for order processing, set-up, and patient equipment education. Assists in obtaining referral source profile information.
- Identifies programs or initiatives that potentially could increase company revenues, decrease costs, and/or increase referral source/patient satisfaction.
- Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control and hazardous materials handling.
- Shares information and expertise with peers to enable them to be effective.
- Participates in team meetings as requested.
- Completes assigned compliance training and other educational programs as required.
- Maintains compliant with AdaptHealth’s Compliance Program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of DME, Diabetes, Incontinence services, products and industry
- Motivation for sales
- Strong persuasion skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Mental alertness and the ability to properly treat confidential information.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience in B2B or B2C Sales.
- Five (5) years of work-related experience in Healthcare Sales is required.
- Three (3) years DME, Diabetes, Incontinence experience is preferred.
- Exact job experience considered must be DME, Diabetes, Incontinence Sales.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license in the state of residence
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, and sit for extended periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers due to extensive computer use.
- Work environment may be stressful at times, as overall office activities and work levels fluctuate.
- Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer screen.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noise, extreme heat/cold, direct, or indirect contact with airborne, bloodborne, and/or other potentially infectious pathogen
- May be exposed to angry or irate customers, patients, or referral sources.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Physical and mental ability to provide clinical assessments
- Requires travel throughout service area and use of personal vehicles
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Paid Time Off
- Job Family
- Job Function
- Pay Type