Requisition ID: 115611
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a member of Scotia iTRADE’s Sales and Partnerships Team, you are responsible for onboarding an assigned list of high value client leads via telephone or email that contribute to overall business growth success. You are also required to support partnership initiatives that increase engagement and deepen relationships with our High Net Worth clients.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Pursue effective and efficient operations of your respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook, Guidelines for Business Conduct and Global Sales Principles.
- Champion and contribute to a high performance and inclusive environment.
- Work closely with the Partnerships team to execute client acquisition and engagement strategies that will deepen client relationships across the bank.
- Develop and implement structured outbound calling strategies according to agreed upon growth objectives.
- Initiate sales opportunities by supplementing business development sales activities during high demand periods and campaigns; act as a product line expert to clients and internal partners.
- Contribute to the implementation of Scotia iTRADE education and marketing strategies (under the direction of the Senior Manager, Sales and Partnerships) to maximize opportunities for business growth.
Customer Focus / Results Focus (Scotia iTRADE client acquisition and engagement):
- Be an expert in onboarding iTRADE clients by adopting a consultative approach while having targeted conversations about the products, services and associated offers that are relevant to the client.
- Handle sales and service inquiries for High Value clients including complex accounts (e.g. Corporate and trust accounts) to deliver exceptional client experiences via telephone and email.
- Deliver education as needed through meeting, events, webinars and presentations (clients and internal and external partners).
- Take full responsibility for all client inquiries, concerns and complaints directed to them by resolving matters within their discretion to the client’s satisfaction as set out in the Bank’s Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures.
- Achieve sales targets, uncover client needs and provide solutions selected assigned clients. Implement the Customer Experience Model and adhere to Global Sales Principles during client interactions.
- Support driving brand awareness and prospecting through client education and training initiatives both in-person and virtually.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of competitors’ products, services, and marketing initiatives; and be able to articulate how Scotia iTRADE products/services provide superior value.
- Process client requests (inquiries, transactions, onboarding) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the client information and ensure all transactions are compliant.
- Actively assist with inbound client activities as required by business priorities.
- Take ownership of Personal Development Plan and, work with manager to develop skills, behaviours and competencies required to achieve goals.
- Contribute to effective team morale and employee relations through positive interaction with Sales & Partnerships team and management.
- Participate and support change initiatives with the team while learning and embracing new procedures, technologies and processes.
Education / Experience
- University degree or work equivalency
- Outbound Sales Contact Centre experience is a requirement
- Successful completion of Canadian Securities Course and progressing towards IIROC IR (Investment Representative) license is preferred
- Thorough understanding of Scotia iTRADE products, process, policy and services to be able to provide a high level of service & support while displaying confidence & expertise
- Familiar with Wealth Management and Banking industry competitor offerings and products
- Thorough understanding of the roles, responsibilities, resources and processes of branch and wealth management partners
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a sales, relationship or account management role
- Expert verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to disseminate key ideas and information to clients and partners
- Expert interpersonal and negotiation skills are essential
- Extremely proactive, can work well independently or in a team setting and demonstrates a high degree of perseverance
- Bilingualism is preferred (French and English)
- Experience working with standard Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and PowerPoint) Salesforce and other related CRM platforms.
- The incumbent will work out of a Contact Centre environment. All client interactions are via the phone and email. The incumbent will consistently interact with clients, which results in high sensory attention for extended periods of time. This position is subject to unpredictable call and correspondence volumes due to market volatility.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.