The Account Executive is responsible for achieving his/her assigned sales plan by generating profitable UPS revenue growth through the development of new business and the retention of existing business within their assigned accounts. He/She analyzes customers’ current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions and promptly respond to customers’ requests.
Conducts Sales Calls
- Travels to customer sites for face-to-face meetings to gather information about their businesses and identify opportunities for solutions.
- Analyzes customers’ billing technology to understand their needs and recommend UPS products and services.
- Builds successful partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels of customers’ organizations to cultivate relationships and generate revenue opportunities across all product and service lines.
- Sells technology solutions (e.g., Worldship, Quantum View, and Campus Ship, etc.) to customers to secure their business, provide added value to proposals and satisfy business needs.
- Presents solutions to customers to gain approval of proposals and move forward with the sales process.
- Visits customers to confirm their satisfaction with UPS products and services and to identify issues that need to be addressed.
Responds to Internal and External Customer Concerns
- Meets with customers to discuss complaints and obtain supporting documentation (e.g., invoices, etc.).
- Facilitates research of customer complaints (e.g., late deliveries, damages, billing questions, etc.) to determine appropriate resolution personnel.
- Discusses complaints with UPS personnel (e.g., business center managers, operations, billing, drivers, etc.) to determine corrective actions and resolutions.
- Suggests technology solutions or operations modifications to customers (e.g., later pick up times, etc.) to satisfy customer complaints.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure successful problem resolution.
- Shares customer problems with managers and operations teams to provide awareness on recurring customer issues.
Implements Customer Accounts
- Trains customers on technology solutions (e.g., Campus Ship, World Ship, UPS websites, billing analyses etc.) to ensure tools are used properly and to minimize errors.
- Trains customers on billing analysis tools and electronic billing files to facilitate report generation.
- Trains customers on proper packaging techniques to avoid damages.
- Collaborates with operations to implement accounts with special needs (e.g., unique delivery schedules, extra conveyors, additional drivers, etc.) to adequately handle customers’ shipping needs.
- Completes account setup documentation using prescribed methodology (e.g., shipper numbers, attachments, authorizations, contact information, etc.) to set up accounts.
Maintains and Grows Business
- Maintains book of business (e.g., ground, air, international, freight, etc.) to grow and execute against the business plan.
- Executes on previously signed contracts (e.g., UPS Freight) to introduce new products and services to customers and expand business within customer accounts.
- Utilizes customer relationship management tools to document customer information and provide account status to the sales team.
- Maintains and monitors records of customer information and account performance to track sales performance to objectives.
- Reviews various Business Information and Analysis reporting tools to assess account performance and generate reports for management.
Identifies Sales Opportunities and Qualifies Leads
- Monitors existing accounts’ statistics to uncover additional sales opportunities (e.g., increase in volume, increase in frequency, new lanes, etc.).
- Researches existing UPS account history to obtain background information (e.g., pay history, shipping routes, etc.) and identify and prioritize large sales opportunities.
- Researches resources (e.g., current customers, periodicals, competitors, etc.) to identify sales opportunities and obtain contact information.
- Responds to internal sales leads from various sources (e.g., Sales Lead Incentive Management system, operations, Package Operations staff, etc.) to identify sales opportunities and create a sales strategy.
- Networks with industry colleagues to uncover sales opportunities.
- Bachelor Degree
- Sales Experience
Durée du contrat : 12 mois
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: From $4,675.00 per month
- Commission pay
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (required)