The Sales Associate contributes to the success of At the Beach by providing friendly, professional, efficient, and courteous customer service to our customers during their tanning experience, while ensuring the environment is clean and well maintained.
- Greets customers promptly.
- Answers the telephone courteously.
- Responds to customer inquiries or takes down customer information to ensure manager contacts customer.
- Use sales skills to communicate product information regarding tanning packages; memberships and tanning products to ensure customer’s needs and sales goals are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of salon by completing daily opening and closing cleaning tasks lists, which consist of: cleaning of beds and floors in tanning rooms, and maintenance of front counter
- Directs customer services problems or special requests to the manager as needed.
- Completes opening and closing cash handling procedures, which include: verifying and creating pre-determined bank, and making night time cash/check.
- It is the responsibility of the Sales Associate to monitor productivity of the Bed Tech(s). Bed Tech’s should only be behind the counter with clients if the sales person is with a new customer.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Makes follow-up phone calls and prospects when scheduled.
- Protects the assets of the Company.
- Responsible for setting an example by being a role model and leader for all salon employees.
- Acts and makes decisions in the best interest of the Company.
- Promote, teach and follow-through on the 4 C’s of At the Beach: cleanliness, customer service, communication, and consistency.
- Ensures and implements all policies and procedures of At the Beach.
- Works a minimum 40 hours a week. Required to have open availability. (Flexibility to increase these requirements during peak season-Approximately January 1st -July 31st, dates will be determined by Area Manager of At the Beach.
Assists the manager in the daily operation of a retail store including customer service, sales, and inventory control. Consistently achieves individual sales goals and helps salon achieve goals.
Implements and reviews store policies and procedures. Helps with the supervision of staff. The assistant sales manager contributes to the success of At the Beach by supporting the manager in supervising and coordinating the activities of salon employees to ensure that friendly, professional, efficient and courteous service is provided to customers in a clean, well- maintained salon environment.
- Honest, hardworking and dedicated.
- Organized, excellent communication skills, follow-through, flexible, and multi-tasked.
Commission potential based on membership/contract and product sales. Paid out monthly on the second check of each month for the prior month.
Vacation and Sick time provided
Health, vision, dental and supplemental insurance available for full time employees working 30 or more hours each week.
Free tanning for employees
- RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Needs to achieve or exceed store goal and meet or exceed individual as well as store averages. Refer to monthly goal sheet for goal numbers.
- Learn to and participate in managing daily salon operation.
- Ensure excellent customer service by providing information, resolving problems, and answering questions for employees and customers.
- Maintain product presentation and housekeeping standards in all areas of the salon in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain equipment.
- Attends monthly sales meeting, communicates and follows through on information from the meetings.
- Creates a teamwork environment.
- Participates in offering ideas and suggestions to management.
- Salon organization and cleanliness- Cleaning and maintaining all salon equipment and the work environment.
- Ensuring timely opening and closing of the salon.
- Complete opening and closing procedures
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: *
- High School Degree or GED
- Minimum 6 months experience in a service / retail / hospitality Industry.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Energetic and Positive Attitude.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Team Player.
- Detail Oriented.
- Able to Anticipate Problems and Recommend Solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve salon and work environment.
- Completes quality work in an efficient manner within agreed upon time frames.
- Great Customer Service Skills, Great Communication Skills, Great Organizational Skills, and Detail Oriented
- Computer Literate
- Proven Sales Success
(This description is just a general understanding; please note changes can be made at any time.)*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.32 - $14.77 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations