Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Home-Office Based (Preferably Based in the Los Angeles Area)
Report Line: Executive Vice President
Direct Reports: None
Business Travel: 30%
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an exciting recruitment opportunity for the Business Development Manager. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours: This is a full time, salaried, exempt position with great hours: Monday-Friday: 40 hours a week. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
About Us: ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
Position Overview: A home-office based position working as part of a sales team, you will be responsible for account management and sales of Managed IT Services to Airports and Airlines in a designated region of North America.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new customers to achieve or exceed agreed annual sales targets.
- Assist with technology research, market research, competitor, and customer surveys. Assist with aviation sector analysis and development.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows, as agreed.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone, email and personal visits, as appropriate and cost effective.
- Respond to complex RFPs where the role is responsible for coordinating the efforts of all the others involved and ensuring on time delivery of the final compliant bid response to the customer.
- Undertake appropriate administrative activities, including timely submission of Monthly Reports, Travel Authorization Requests, Expenses, CRM, etc.
- Assist with marketing, advertising, and promotion planning, as required.
- At least 2 years of successful Managed IT Services and Solution selling or suitable aviation sector experience.
- Able to work under pressure to produce quality work in agreed timeframes. Exhibit good time management skills with the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Promote a professional image of the Company by being well-dressed, punctual, and possessing excellent inter-personal skills.
- Be prepared to work abnormal hours from time to time, and to travel, when appropriate. Able to travel by air both domestically and internationally without restrictions or impediment. Travel is required for 30% of allocated job effort. Should also possess a clean current driver’s license.
- Must be mathematically competent and literate and display an organized and methodical approach to his/her work to understand budgets, selling margins and submit bids and proposal in an efficient manner.
- Must possess good writing proposal response skills.
- Must possess good computer skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must possess or develop a thorough understanding of the technologies supported by the business and able to share that knowledge to progress the business.
- Must be capable of of making business travel arrangements and forward planning to ensure value for money.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of using CRM systems in addition to MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Familiarity with Google / Gmail would be a benefit.
For Immediate consideration, please send in your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations which be treated in confidence.
ServiceTec International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state, and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regards to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, and seasonal or contract.
The company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
We are thankful to receive any applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application will be held on file indefinitely, if you wish to have your personal data removed, please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email you will receive.