Study business functions and gather information to identify gaps or inefficiencies.
Translate internal customers’ needs to application or system feature request or projects.
Develop technical solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing, managing, and documenting requirements.
Develop use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation, and deployment.
Post assessment and validation activities to determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements.
Update procedures, user documentation, and user training.
- Lead contact for line of business application (LOB) support.
Trains internal and external customers to make the best use of HEMIC’s LOB applications.
Coordinate and handle second-level Helpdesk support for application issues.
Other duties as assigned.
Principles of information and business technology management normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Software development lifecycle (SLDC) and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Understanding of software application concepts.
- System change control.
- Working knowledge of the insurance business and processes, preferably workers’ compensation
- Able to communicate and work effectively (written and oral) with a variety of individuals (customers, coworkers, management, vendors), including writing business cases.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills; in-depth analytical and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills.
- Promote and champion process improvements.
- Analyze information to elicit and simplify requirements.
- Able to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Able to develop and prioritize business cases.
- Work in a matrix project management environment
- 3 - 5 years business requirements gathering experience in a computing support environment.
- 2 - 3 years computer applications’ project management experience.
- Desire and ability to assume a leadership role.
- Prior insurance industry experience, desired