- Manages customer Relationships.
- Develops and maintains a strategic business plan that fully reflects the customer`s business objectives and how our solutions align with those objectives and goals and specifically guides our operational, financial, network, clinical and relationship initiatives.
- Understands the customer structure and demonstrates the ability to apply this knowledge in business and retention planning for the client.
- Ensures Service Level Agreement performance, assurance of accuracy of claims payment and administrative policies, rate maximization through ongoing benefit analysis and adherence to requirements of the account's legal and regulatory environment.
- Owns overall account satisfaction within the company as well as satisfaction with all specific areas particularly account management.
- Develops strong relationships which penetrate the customer at various levels from day to day contacts to senior leadership involving other internal staff to maintain multiple connections and strengthen the overall relationship.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that are supportive of the achievement of customer service requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Ensures all customer and account-facing services are provided in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Supports the Internal Customer Operating Model.
- Resolves or appropriately escalates customer service issues when escalated by the ASR in conjunction with operations (claims, service, and systems).
- Provides mentoring to the account management team in effective problem solving and servicing of the account.
- Develop, introduces, and executes the customer governance process.
- Builds relationships and alliances with matrix partners.
- Coordinates with the compliance department on knowing and understanding regulations and the implication to customer impact.
- Oversees audit to ensure a proactive approach in supporting critical client compliance.
- Proactive communication to internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates thorough contract understanding and detailed knowledge of business requirements.
- Coordinates with legal to ensure contract compliance
- Develops and executes contractual documents and amendments in conjunction with Finance and Legal.
- Presents customer reports with meaningful analytics, trending and recommendations for program improvement based on findings and ensure coordination with the client.
- Oversees reporting calendar to ensure timely submission.
- Analyzes data and reporting and executive summary development.
- Ensures all client reports have an executive summary and explanation of data.
- Ensures revenue goals are met, cost of care and administrative expenses are managed and segment profit targets are achieved for assigned account (s).
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Cost of Care implications internally and for the client.
- Ensures performance standards are measurable and realistic to achieve and/or exceed to avoid penalties. Partners with Operations and Network on monitors. Manages methodology, reporting and communications.
- Directly participates and supports all renewal activities.
- Manages risks and develop opportunities associated with underwriting.
- Analyzes account and ability to apply this knowledge to growth.
- Drives up-sell and renewal activities across assigned account(s).
- For new business and renewals, negotiates and/or supports negotiation of rates and contractual terms with customers that result in achieving segment profit targets and creatively adjusts features and service delivery models that increase efficiency and improve value to the customer and/or margin for the company.
- Where applicable, achieve objectives for regarding the EAP re-seller agreement.
- Supports health plan with behavioral health retail sales.
- Identifies products and services that bring solutions to the customer based on a thorough understanding of the customer's strategic business goals and the business needs.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of the company's products and how multiple products are interdependent within the customer contract deliverables and outcomes.
Other Job Requirements
General Job Information
TitleSenior Account Executive/EAP - Remote Position
Work ExperienceAccount Management
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.