Within assigned department, and with varying complexity and oversight, provides software development implementation, enhancements and development, with an emphasis on electronic practice management functionality while promoting data integrity and validation. Provides subject matter expertise for such implementations regarding system administration, setup, workflow development, overall system maintenance and testing, as well as synchronizing configurations to the operational needs. Collaborates with relevant departments on operational improvement initiatives to achieve successful operating efficiencies. Ensures proper system functionality in accordance with current and future organizational needs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Finance, Healthcare, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of myAvatar preferred or other behavioral health EMR.
- 5 years' related experience (i.e. healthcare business operations and/or direct service working extensively with EMR system) required.
- Experience working within and knowledge of financial and clinical processes required.
- Possess technical and business aptitude for strategy and alignment with outcomes.
- Knowledge and skilled use of business intelligence tools (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Tableau, etc.) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Electronic medical record development with particular focus on electronic practice management development for advanced positions.
- Business and clinical modules of behavioral health applications.
- Developing reports, performing data analytics, creating and maintaining project plans, and developing detailed process flows.
- Organizational culture, structure, workflow and operating procedures.
- Workplace policies and professionalism.
- Plan, prioritize, and manage multiple simultaneous projects and assignments with attention to detail to achieve goals within tight deadlines. Use effective follow through.
- Utilize strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to negotiate and influence others.
- Communicate effectively and positively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Products: Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook; advanced skills in software, spreadsheets and database management.
- Possess technical and business aptitude for strategy and benefits realization alignment.
- Understand business requirements and translate requirements into logical system solutions. Write design documents, and technical functional specifications.
- Proficiency to familiarize quickly with computer-based information systems, programs, designs, and standard reporting formats; (position specific).
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Serve as a primary subject matter expert for enterprise applications and integrated add-on applications.
- Troubleshoot data and software problems related to electronic medical record (EMR) and other financial software systems and assist in related end-user support as needed.
- Utilize systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identify and implement best practices and suggest how to improve current practices.
- Provide application development to support the agency's EMR and financial software packages.
- Provide business intelligence reports for financial stakeholders. Assist in the specification of building, maintaining, generating and documenting reports within business operations software.
- Perform role of project manager for designated system enhancements, updates, configurations, and process change projects.
- Plan, design, and document business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing/cross-training; report on common sources of technical issues; communicate key insights and test findings. Make solution-focused recommendations to decrease barriers and errors and increase value to organizational users.
- Develop work plans for internal and/or external resources for designated software projects that include tasks, schedules, resource requirements, and milestones.
- Develop training materials for software and process enhancement solutions.
- Perform quality control, code review, and standard data validation practices and follow quality standards for documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No major sources of discomfort; standard office environment.
Wage placements are dependent upon qualifications and experience. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can expect the starting wage rate of $51,708.80 up to $72,392.32 per year. Wage placements generally occur at the entry to midpoint of this range. Eligible employees are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holidays, retirement savings plan, and much more! Bilingual skills may be compensated additionally for eligible positions.
North Range Behavioral Health is among the largest employers in Weld County, and provides compassionate, comprehensive care for people who face mental health and addiction challenges. Our team members are hard workers, and we strongly believe in the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We provide cutting-edge tools, training and thoughtful supervision to our employees to assist them in their professional development.
- Customer First. We help our customers achieve recovery, every day.
- Compassion. We treat everyone with kindness, empathy, and dignity.
- Collaboration. We build strong relationships, internally and externally, to ensure effective care for our customers.
North Range Behavioral Health promotes a philosophy of giving… to the community, to our customers, and to each other. If you're driven to help others, have high standards and a desire to work in a collaborative environment, we hope you'll consider a career at North Range Behavioral Health. Visit us at http://www.northrange.org/employment/careers/ to learn more.North Range Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.