Zello is the leading instant voice push-to-talk service connecting frontline workers and communities around the world. More than 150 million users and thousands of organizations use Zello to get work done, connect in emergencies, and improve collaboration with live voice communication. Recognized as one of Austin's Best Places to Work, Zello is profitable and growing. Current customers include Bechtel Construction, Honda, Restoration Hardware, Starwood/Marriott, and YRC Freight. To try Zello for free, visit zello.com/try.
As an Account Executive your role will be integral to the continued and accelerating growth of Zello. You will have ownership and responsibility for leading the recruitment, acquisition and revenue success of large value added reseller partners in target vertical markets and the development of strategic alliance relationships that will accelerate market share for Zello.
After a successful first three months, you will have
- Mastered the value proposition for Zello for prospective customers in key vertical industries (Construction, Materials Handling, Transportation and Manufacturing),
- Learned to create a Zello network and give a value centric initial demonstration
- Developed a key set of opportunities with enterprise prospects with clear business outcomes as drivers for winning new business
- A solid understanding of competitive solutions in the market
What you'll do
- Successfully build out a net new territory through defining and executing sales pursuit strategies
- Sell a value creating solution for frontline workers for which there is no "magic quadrant"
- Heavily research your account set and develop 3.5x of pipeline of net-new business opportunities entering each fiscal quarter from a multi-pronged prospecting approach including networking, cold calling, email, and leveraging LinkedIn Navigator for social selling
- Effective pipeline management to accurately forecast and close net new business
- Position, plan and execute successful Proof of Concepts with prospective customers to prove the business value in partnership with a Solutions Engineer
- Create, support, track, and measure all sales initiatives with partners using our CRM system, Hubspot
- Negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Manage prospective customer relationships at Executive, Sales, and Technical levels
- Drive a business outcome selling approach by consulting with customers to demonstrate how Zello's Frontline Worker solution can positively impact their business
- Serve as a great teammate by communicating with our product and engineering teams features, functionality and capabilities needed to address current and future customer/partner requirements.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of sales experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions and achievement of quota
- 3+ years enterprise sales experience in the any of the following verticals: Construction, Manufacturing, Transportation, Commercial Industries
- True "hunter" with successful track record of creating and growing net new pipeline
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds quota and expectations, has the ability, characteristics, and determination to develop and drive new business while being an effective teammate to help make everyone better
- Natural curiosity to ensure complete understanding of customer business drivers during discovery and that designed use cases for adoption of Zello eliminate prospect pain points, easy expansion by customer employees and deliver meaningful business outcomes.
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and manage ambiguity, while solving customer problems. A background in large-scale, multi-year enterprise change management will be a plus.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses - positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development of potential
- Outstanding organization and documentation habits leveraging your CRM
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Willingness to travel (35%-50%) including trade shows/conferences
Zello offers top benefits including 100% employer-paid employee health insurance, dental and vision, a 401(k) with company match and no vesting requirement, stock options, unlimited PTO and sabbatical leave, allowances for technology and personal development, and a bunch of other perks.
Zello is a small group of individuals whose mission is to bring people together using voice. We believe diverse skills, abilities, viewpoints, and backgrounds make for a better product, better problem-solving and a better work environment.