Microsoft GP Business Analyst, Finance
Apply online: http://staffingaws.com/
Revision Date: May 26, 2021
About The American Welding Society (AWS)
The American Welding Society (AWS) was founded in 1919 as a multifaceted, nonprofit organization with a mission to advance the science, technology and application of welding and allied joining and cutting processes worldwide, including brazing, soldering, and thermal spraying. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, and led by a volunteer organization of officers and directors, AWS serves more than 70,000 members worldwide and is composed of 22 Districts with 250 Sections and student chapters. The Society is dedicated to supporting industry professionals, including: welders, business leaders, sales and service teams, manufacturers, vendors, associations, educational institutions, committee volunteers, and students. We connect welding communities around the world into a collaborative force, built on a foundation of higher standards, advanced learning, and rewarding growth. For more information, visit the societys website at http://www.aws.org.
- COMMUNITY through our Memberships
- SAFETY through our Standards and Technical Publications
- RECOGNITION through our Certification Programs
- KNOWLEDGE through our Educational Programs
- DEVELOPMENT through our Conferences & Seminars
- ADVANCEMENT through Welding Scholarships & Grants
- NETWORKING through our Industry Partnerships
Manages the Finance and Accounting Department IT systems-related business needs. This position will support all systems interconnected with finance and accounting including but not limited to MS Dynamics GP and related applications, CRM, E-Commerce integrations and Portal systems which support operations. The primary responsibility of the Systems Manager is to assist with system enhancements based on needs while maintaining data integrity among all systems, develop automated reporting solutions using SQL, SSRS, MS Power BI and other reporting applications. The Systems Manager collaborates with IT and other business areas to support reporting needs and day-to-day business processes. Serves as lead for systems-related projects, including documenting and ensuring tasks and deliverables are met.
Duties and responsibilities/essential function
- Assist with development of strategy and vision leading to robust reporting capabilities and streamline of processes.
- Support and troubleshoot all systems attached to the core finance, accounting, and analytics functions (i.e. MS Dynamics GP, CRM, E-Commerce integrations, and Portal systems).
- Evaluate system configurations, dependencies, process workflows, business rules and other as well as advice on best practices and improvements.
- Serve as project lead for systems-related projects and implementations, managing scope, timelines, communication (ensures everyone is aligned), documentation, UAT and training.
- Assist in developing a cohesive and effective data structure to support new interactive reporting solutions and use of all our information systems (i.e., GP, CRM, etc.).
- Assist in developing automated informative and interactive financial reporting solutions and dashboards for Managers and Senior Leadership.
- Design and create custom reports as needed as well as implement workflow solutions using SQL, SSRS, Jet Reports, SharePoint, MS Power BI and other similar tools to analyze financial performance in all business areas.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with IT and other operational business units to support their reporting needs and day-to-day business processes.
- Documentation of technical requirements and implementation of systems procedural changes.
Director of Financial Analysis, Operations and Systems
Required Qualifications include:
A bachelor's degree in business, information systems, or related field.
Duties and responsibilities/essential function
Must be detailed-oriented, possess strong project management skills and observe strict timelines.
- Must be polished, professional, upbeat and have a hands-on attitude.
- Must possess strong written/oral communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; be able to manage and build trust with diverse stakeholders.
- Self-starter and analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills.
- Experience implementing financial data management solutions.
- Experience with MS Dynamics GPSQL, VBA, SSRS, SharePoint, Power BI, Jet Reports, Management Reporter and/or similar tools.
- Skilled in MS Office and specifically advanced Microsoft Excel skills; proficient in developing complex formulas and using advanced level features.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Must be able to follow written and established procedures.
- Possess a proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business.
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Lead with kindness and contribute to maintain a positive, friendly, and peaceful environment.
- Must be able to do limited travel, 5%.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators; and
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms; and
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
AWS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of illegal discrimination and harassment of any kind. AWS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at AWS are based on legitimate non-discriminatory factors such as business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Brand: American Welding Society
Address: 8669 NW 36 Street, #130 Miami, FL - 33166
Property Description: 0001 - NW 36th St - Miami FL
Property Number: 0001