We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. The Academy is looking for candidates who do great work, and we know they may come from a number of different backgrounds and experiences. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications for the position.
The Senior Manager, Business Partnerships and Specialty Programs reports to the Director of Sales and Business Partnerships and will develop and execute the strategy to drive revenue for the Academy’s business partners and Specialty Programs. This position manages the partners and the Assistant Manager, Specialty Programs, and is accountable for delivering revenue in assigned business areas.
We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are intrinsic to Academy culture and operations, from recruitment and retention to science and advocacy. Explore Our Commitment to Racial Equity to learn about our intentional engagement of traditionally excluded groups in an effort to spark interest in or foster pathways to scientific careers.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive revenue for Academy in assigned business areas through product development, annual sales planning, marketing, monthly/quarterly revenue reconciliation and reporting and analysis; Business areas include business partners including but not limited to retail, food and beverage, locker rental, planetarium distributors and Specialty Programs
- Achieve established revenue goals in assigned business areas
- Responsible for increasing sales and revenue of planetarium show licensing business via clients/contracted distributors
- Manage the planetarium licensing program for the Academy; achieve an established annual revenue goal via product marketing materials, management and customer outreach
- Manage, train, and develop Assistant Manager Specialty Programs
- Ensure all business areas including partners and Specialty Programs maintain a high level of customer service with Academy guests
- Ensure partners’ products and services are consistent with Academy brand standards and follow all Academy guidelines and procedures
- Manage assigned projects and programs associated with food service concessions, photo concessions and retail stores
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews of all business areas versus contractual standards and terms
- Coordinate and participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly partner business meetings with key management staff
- Coordinate/lead quarterly retail planning and product development meetings with the Director
- Manage expense budgets for all business areas; providing monthly reviews and updates
- Coordinate various ad hoc sales reports, financial and revenue spreadsheets and activity summaries for internal reviews and sales planning
- P&L responsibility: Develop and manage annual revenue and expense expense budgets
- Maintain electronic client database (CRM) and internal filing systems for position’s assigned business area and various department/key projects & initiatives
- Follow all Academy safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- 5+years account management, business management, or partnership management experience required
- Ability to drive revenue and achieve business goals through partnership management
- Advanced experience with Google Suite, business applications, Excel and creating reports and presentations
- Efficient, proactive, resourceful and extremely well organized
- Demonstrated ability to quickly problem solve, troubleshoot, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Works efficiently and communicates with all staff and external customers
- Ability to bring new ideas, create inventive solutions and find efficiencies to transform manual or detailed processes
- Able to manage multiple projects with variable timelines effectively
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities who meet the job’s position responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use a computer, and communicate on the phone, in person, and online meetings/calls.Ability to transport 10 lbs. Must be able to perform repetitive motions 80 % of the time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 7, 2021 at 5:00 PM. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and complete the brief online application.
The California Academy of Sciences will give full consideration for employment to all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of theSan Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).
The California Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, place of birth, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, height or weight, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.