Job TitleAssociate Director, Client Development - Bizrate Insights
Associate Director – Client Development, Bizrate Insights
As the Associate Director – Client Development at Bizrate Insights, you are a results-oriented player/coach with experience in both account management and sales for sophisticated clients and c-level executives. In this hybrid sales/account management role, you will champion Bizrate Insights’ leadership in the ecommerce Voice-of-Customer space by driving Bizrate Insights’ value propositions and highest service delivery standards across the Client Development team.
The Associate Director will personally manage, sell and cross-sell to many of our top tier accounts while ensuring that their team does the same by combining client insight, ecommerce expertise, and strong analytical and presentation skills. As a Sales Manager, you’ve used Salesforce extensively, developed sales processes and identified lead generation channels. You combine a great instinct for developing and selling compelling products with a strong focus on users, clients and partners. As an Account Manager, you possess the ability to understand to the client base’s needs and align those needs with our corporate goals to translate them into products that drive adoption and entrenchment.
Your main focus will be on the retail vertical with the opportunity to expand and build relationships across new vertical expansion. This role will manage key accounts and own responsibility for building and managing a team of account management and sales professionals driven towards monthly, quarterly, and annual goals. This position reports to the Vice President – Business & Client Development.
- Establish objectives by forecasting and developing annual goals; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Determine go-to-marketing strategy and pricing for new products, features and solutions by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitive landscape.
- Maintain and grow our position and entrenchment across key verticals through strong relationship development, high product quality standards, and on-time deliverables.
- Partner with the product development, operations, engineering, and creative teams to bring new and enhanced products and features to market.
- Manage and grow a high-performing team by hiring, training, and appraising team members to perform at Bizrate’s standards.
- Proactively identify opportunities that are important to our top tier clients. Provide leadership and direction to develop these new opportunities while vetting demand.
- Sell-in new products and enhancements to exiting products to our client base; coach account managers on how to successfully upsell and sell-in products, driving value to our clients.
- Drive product and feature adoption by providing consultative advice, usage/adoption recommendation, risk identification and mitigation with a goal of maximum client retention.
- Collaborate with the B2B Marketing Team to lead and participate in the creation of marketing collateral that influences product and feature adoption, website design, case studies, sales presentations, etc.
- Identify acquisition targets that are valuable to our network and collaborate with the sales/acquisition team to bring them in to our network.
- Support the collection of market intelligence through strong relationships with clients that lead to access to senior decision makers and their development roadmaps.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in account management or sales, most recently servicing top-tier clients, including 4+ years a people manager, building and growing high-performing teams.
- A proven self-starter that is adept at recognizing or creating opportunities and representing them through the development process.
- Demonstrated usage of a consultative approach in account management, sales, and upselling, including the ability to gather the needs of the client base and convert them into a winning product or feature.
- A track record of successfully selling in new solutions and products or features to a client base; SaaS experience is a plus.
- Significant people and organizational management skills; a natural leader and mentor.
- Analytical, communication and presentation skills are required with comfort speaking to C-Level executives in an “executive presence”. Strength in written and oral communication is a must.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities with an understanding of consumer feedback, ecommerce, mobile platforms and social media; survey development/analysis is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for creating great products based on market needs.
- Deadline-oriented mentality that embraces the production of high-quality work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with imperfect information while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce skills are required; knowledge of sales tools including LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, and Groove is a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in e-commerce, especially retail, are required; retail experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
About Bizrate Insights:
Bizrate Insights, a Meredith Corporation company, is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. We collect over 25 million surveys annually from thousands of retailers across North America. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing [email protected]
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees#NMG#