Job ID: 317440
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Dufferin Aggregates, a divison of CRH Canada is looking to hire!
Commercial Business Analyst
Ontario Materials Aggregate and Concrete division is seeking an analytically minded, self-starter who is interested in learning about multiple product lines while supporting our commercial departments. By serving as a business analyst, this individual will work in conjunction with various stakeholders to help manage all aspects of the commercial businesses.
Additionally, the individual is expected to demonstrate CRH Canada cultural attributes and behaviors in all interactions. This position will report to the Commercial Manager of Dufferin Aggregates with a dotted line to the Commercial Manager of Dufferin Concrete
Commercial Financial Analysis
- Work in conjunction with the commercial managers and financial controllers on annual budget preparation. This includes template management, historical analytics, KPI support documents and ad hoc reporting, as required.
- Support the commercial, sales and logistics Managers to update monthly forecast and management reports, including date mining for variances and helping to identify variances.
- Provide support of the production of corporate reports including strategic plans.
- Monitor weekly and monthly commercial results and provide data to support explanation on variances.
- Collaborate closely with other divisions in the development of best practices for performance monitoring (NPC, DPC and RPC) and support implementation of enhancements to business processes.
- Oversight of the BW/SAP module (Super User) – Ensure data integrity in the system.
- Update monthly KPIs and communicate as required with variance explanations.
- Research, process and transmit information from the various departments.
Business Intelligence Tools
- Management of the in-house business intelligence tools to ensure data integrity and outputs meet the needs of the users. This includes applications such as Qlikview, Tableau, SharePoint reporting, customer order management tools, google earth overlays, automated customer reports, freight analysis, delivery schedules etc
- Basic trouble shooting and programing to ensure reliability of the BI tools. Identification of opportunities to enhance BI tools that support the business objectives.
- Act as an interface between SAP/BW team as required to ensure timely corrections of break fix issues or support with on-going enhancement requests.
- Manage annual market share reporting requirements. Support the commercial team to complete and update reporting.
- Review macro and micro economic data for the trade areas and report changes that may impact, forecast, budget, or strategic plans. Continuously seek to align market trends with financial metrics
- Run SFDC reports for win / loss tracking, opportunities monitoring, quoting trends, competitor analysis, etc.
Academic background / Work experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or accounting.
- 1 to 5 years’ experience in corporate finance/accounting;
Competencies (specific knowledge, skills and abilities, behavior)
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to manage work from multiple stakeholders and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Results oriented;
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills with ability to synthesize and act quickly;
- Able to draw sound conclusions when analyzing data sets.
- Rigor and adaptability.
- High level of integrity.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Mastery of the Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, BW, Qlikview, SalesForce
- Knowledge of Visual Basic programming, or demonstrated ability to learn.
- Experience in budget planning and costing.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.