Direct Technology is searching for an experienced Director to lead our Customer Success / Service Desk department(s). This position would be a vital part of our organization and a great opportunity for someone looking for continued growth on a successful team. At Direct Technology, we understand that people drive technology, not the other way around. We know technology is supposed to make our lives easier and our work more productive. We believe, in the age of machines, humans make all the difference. That’s why we focus on serving the human side of tech.
The IT Services Director position encompasses complete responsibility for the oversight, management, and planning for all of our customers (both internal and client facing). The role includes operational, financial and sales responsibilities.
IT Services Director Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor managers, supervisors, and team members; provides direction through performance evaluations, monitoring workloads, and defining responsibilities that align with the vision, goals, and organizational standards.
- Collaborates with other IT leaders in discussions with customers to analyze their needs and ensure processes in areas of responsibility are utilized optimally to improve business resulting in alignment with supported critical business strategies and goals and potential customer service enhancements.
- Creates and manages operational budgets for responsible areas. In addition, participates with Information Technology Leadership in planning and managing strategic plans.
- Develops processes and standards, adhering to industry best practices and promotes and ensures compliance with those processes and standards for Service Desk.
- Accountable for adherence to Service Level Agreements including escalating and steering resolution of SLA compliance issues. In collaboration with other leaders, reviews survey feedback, evaluates SLA data, and drives deep ticket analysis to identify and implement improvement opportunities to include a focus on accurate first-time ticket assignment, decreasing ticket reopen rates, increasing efficiencies in ticket management, and reducing ticket closure time.
- Analyzes data and key performance indicators to develop and publish Service Desk performance metrics to include organization-wide dashboard reporting. Performs trend reporting and identifies opportunities for continual customer experience enhancements.
- Audits and develops records and databases containing license, warranty, and service agreements information for Direct Technology hardware and software.
- Manages processes for communicating outage/emergency situations and scheduled planned maintenance activities to the organization.
- Participate in the direction of the IT Organization, leading and directing Customer Success and Service Desk personnel developing analytical process across the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
IT Director Qualifications/Skills:
- 15+ years’ experience working in IT operations
- 10+ years’ experience overseeing IT teams and projects
- Strong knowledge of Customer Services and providing excellent support
- Working knowledge of all relevant operational controls, security procedures, and process standards
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team oriented with proven ability to effectively lead on-site and remotely
- Prior experience working at a Manage Service Provider is a huge plus
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field
- Certifications and continuing education
Direct Technology, founded in 1995, is one of the largest privately Veteran owned and operated custom software development firms on the West Coast, headquartered in Roseville, CA with additional offices in Bellevue, WA and Plano, TX. Direct Technology’s unparalleled level of knowledge and expertise solves its client’s most complex business problems with technology solutions across the following practice areas: Custom Software Development, IT Services and Technical Staffing. EEO. Veterans encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time