The success of our customers is the foundation of our success. As part of a customer-centric sales team, presales systems engineers discover and develop technology solutions that drive measurable outcomes against business goals. As an Unstructured Data Solutions SE, you will be responsible for understanding customer’s data goals, strategies, and environments, designing solutions that fit, and demonstrating their value through whiteboards, presentations, discussions, and documentation.
Join us as Senior Systems Engineer on our Sales Engineering team in Metro Los Angeles area to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will engage with customers and other members of our field sales teams to translate the full range of Dell Technologies products, services, and solutions into measurable outcomes for your customers.
- Build and communicate an account technology plan which includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and achievements and business relevant technology solutions
- Research and communicate technology, industry and market trends and mentor customers on their technology journey
- Maintain knowledge of ecosystem solutions to successfully address customer needs, including an understanding of unstructured data workflows including cloud native application development, artificial intelligence, and vertical specific workloads.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Ability to discover and understand the components of a system (analytical thinking) and the nature of the system itself (synthetic/systems thinking).
- Relevant selling experience or hands-on implementation/architecture experience (in vendor, partner, customer or SP)
- Ability to engage with and influence key customer decision makers, from CIO level to enterprise architects, application owners and development teams, as well as LOB functions working down to the Private Cloud teams, bridging the gap between the customer ITSM and DevOps cultures
- 5 yrs or more years of related experience in a relationship-selling role
- Senior-level sales engineer with expertise in sophisticated products and services offerings
- Understanding of VMware, Multi-cloud, Security and Application development
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: August 16, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.