- Builds long-term relationships with all stakeholders in the account, creating trust and confidence at all levels of the organization, including technical staff, laboratory managers, procurement officials and executives; identifies and actively engages with key decision makers to gain a clear vision of their extrinsic and intrinsic motivators.
- Understands in detail the account’s short-term tactics and long-term strategy. Develops a holistic understanding of the needs of all account stakeholders and maintains a clear record of these in given tools (Gold Sheet / Blue Sheet).
- Accountable to lead the definition and implementation of a comprehensive strategic account plan for each key account, leveraging information provided by all internal departments (especially Marketing, Service and Medical Value).
- Accountable to meet and exceed established sales quotas and profitability goals for the key account based on the underlying account strategy (grow share-of-wallet, customer retention) and a detailed understanding of the account’s profit and loss condition; generates and successfully negotiates new sales opportunities in the account.
- Accurately monitors, reports and follows up on account performance in terms of volume and sales forecasts, inventory levels and credit balance. Prepares and delivers excellent management presentations informing regularly the status of key account projects and performance.
- Actively leads the effective collaboration and alignment across the entire organization
- Bachelor´s degree, preferably in a science or related field from an accredited university; higher education (e.g. MBA) is a plus.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of progressive sales, marketing, or operations experience (e.g. B2B account management experience), preferably within IVD or other healthcare industry (medical equipment or similar); experience in management of large multinational accounts and complex projects are a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and coach a cross-functional team; excellent social skills to manage conflicts, to motivate and influence in a matrix organization and to develop strong customer relationships
- Track record of successfully planning, negotiating, closing and implementing sustainable deals based on strategic 360° analyses of customer needs; experience with Professional Selling Skills approach is a plus
- Conceptual and strategic mindset with excellent business acumen; solid analytical and financial skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as systems experience, including but not limited to: MS Office applications, SAP; Salesforce.com (or other financial and CRM systems)
- Resilient and self-motivated, driven by challenge and continuous learning, proactive orientation towards results and decisions; proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timelines
- Demonstrated proficiency in project planning / management and process improvement skills are a plus