- Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information monthly and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Coordinate and manage special events, programs and initiatives set forth by a supplier(s).
- Pro-actively drive business objectives and goals.
- Track results on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis to include: distribution, menus, drink features (permanent and temporary), promotions (facilitated and unfacilitated), visibility and bar and wait staff persuasion and training.
- Assist with Point-of-sale tools to drive distribution, menu placement, and features for supplier brands.
- Track national account programs to ensure compliance with all programs set forth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities
- Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Obtains payments for the company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
- Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with District Manager.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Service accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring to these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in sales meetings.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping the information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Desire to sell and capacity to create professional presentations
- Prior sales experience in wine and spirits industry sales or in restaurants and hotels preferred
- Availability to work outside 8-5 schedule, as many accounts will be accessible best in early evening hours and occasional weekend events
- Be self - motivated/disciplined, goal-oriented, timely, and can prioritize
- Team player attitude and actions
- Be able to connect well with a large range of buyer types
- Professional written, oral, and electronic communication skills
- Must possess a reliable car, a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a good driving record
- Four-year college degree highly preferred
Time Type:Full time