BSN Sports is seeking Business Development Professionals to lead our market expansion in team sports apparel and equipment in major metropolitan areas. BSN Sports offers the best in class solution for High School and College athletic programs.
The BSN Sports Business Development Professional will report to a Field Sales Executive and partner with Inside Sales, Marketing, and core internal business leaders across BSN Sports to help drive account acquisition and growth from initial contact to multiple year agreements. The successful candidate will be energetic, self-driven and a resilient sales professional possessing excellent communication skills and a hunger to drive revenue growth through new customer acquisitions .
What You Will Do (Responsibilities)
- Engage, discover customer problems, and build value with leaders of strategic athletic sports organizations that would benefit from our solution-based suite of products and services.
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers for new account transitions to the BSN Sports platform.
- Call on School Superintendents, Principals, Athletic Directors and Coaches to tell the BSN Sports story and how it can elevate the student experience.
- Make presentations on BSN Sports' unique solutions and product offerings to potential customers.
- Work closely with senior management to execute and obtain customers to exceed sales plans.
- Update and provide ongoing input into our CRM regarding pipeline status of new customers, achievement against plan, win/loss ratio, and other essential business information.
- Provide intelligence on current marketplace, competitors' offerings and contract status to more effectively address potential customer expectations and to overcome objections.
- Assists leadership with the development and implementation of sales plans, market opportunities, and special projects.
Characteristics That Will Make You Successful (Requirements)
- 4 Year BA/BS degree.
- Hunter sales mentality - goal driven and not afraid of No! Self-motivated by sales with experience developing and delivering sales presentations to new customers.
- 1-2 years new business-to-business (B2B) outside sales experience.
- Desire to influence decision makers to buy from you with proven sales performance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible and dynamic environment and can work effectively on their own and with others on a team.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external team members to develop strategies that meet goals and established timelines.
- Experience negotiating and implementing customer contracts in long-term sales cycles.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM.
- Ability to travel 70% or more in assigned territory to meet with prospects and customers.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
We are looking for men and women who share our beliefs and passion for sport and the coaches who make it all happen. Want to make a big impact in your community? Be on the front lines with coaches and sports teams to provide more value than they could ever expect? Work with some of the biggest sports brands in the world? Do you appreciate what it means to give and receive incredible customer service and why that's so important? Are you a go-getter, the one out in the field uncovering opportunities? If so, choosing a career at BSN SPORTS might be the best decision you'll ever make.
- Systematically target and convert high value prospects in the high school markets who do not currently do business with BSN SPORTS
- Meet sales/growth targets
- Develop and qualify leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation campaigns
- Ability to turn digital marketing leads into sales opportunities
- Own, establish, and maintain independent prospect follow‐up plans and deliverables
- Utilize data-driven business intelligence for prospects to identify new trends and opportunities
- After converting prospects, ensure a smooth transition to a traditional field sales rep in order to move on to new high value opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proven success in developing new business and generating sales leads within an assigned sales territory
- Must possess excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional organization skills to maximize route planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate with external and internal customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with using an iPad
- 3+ years' business to business (B2B) outside sales experience (preferably in sporting goods) OR coaching/sports-related background
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency with and contact-management software (CRM)
- Demonstrated local community involvement
Our Business Development Reps enjoy:
- Fulfilling work that presents new challenges and exciting opportunities every day of the week.
- Base salary plus uncapped bonus incentive opportunity - anticipated target income of $120k+
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounts on personal apparel and equipment
- Comprehensive sales training program
- iPad for business and personal use
- Annual Recognition Event
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability - Life Insurance Packages
- Paid Vacation - Holidays
BSN SPORTS prides itself in its value system of heart, integrity, teamwork, and resourcefulness.
HEART: We will reach deeper and push further for every coach, every athletic director, every athlete, and every parent we encounter.
INTEGRITY: In an atmosphere of honesty and transparency, we come through on the promises we make to one another as well as those we make to our customers.
TEAMWORK: All of us - everyone who works for BSN SPORTS in any capacity - works closely together to help one another take full advantage of all opportunities.
RESOURCEFULNESS: We will provide our customers with the best and most Game Changing Solutions at all times, no matter what it takes.
Founded in 1972, we are the largest team sporting goods equipment and apparel distributor in the United States with over 3,000 employees across 80 regional offices. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, the company leverages its unparalleled scale, cutting edge technology and relationships with the best brands in the world to service all aspects of the team sport equipment and apparel world.