Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
- We've developed an end-to-end platform – from a purpose-built authoring engine (Volt) to a growing catalogue of on-demand simulation content – that is both scalable and customizable.
- We leverage leading technology to help the next generation of students and professionals develop advanced skillsets through proprietary experiential learning.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC's, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next "Smartphone," VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level
Position: Business Development Representative (BDR)
This is an opportunity to earn your stripes first as an Inbound BDR. From there, ample opportunity exists for a career path to the Sr Enterprise Account Executive position. Grow with us!
Why this position:
- Opportunity to make an impact with a clear path for growth
- Company committed to professional development
- Supportive and collaborative culture
What you'll do:
- Call hot, warm, lukewarm and ice-cold leads using several resources and freedom to reach out for more
- Set sales meetings and discovery calls at enterprise targets
- Make strategic phone calls, write/send emails and identify leads
- Have informative and productive conversations with high-quality prospects
- Participate in special projects and assignments
Who you are:
- Interest and experience in phone and email prospecting
- Build rapport quickly through asking great questions and active listening
- Ability to initiate a conversation, communicate value and handle objections
- Smart and engaging email copywriter
- Self-motivated, driven to succeed
- 1+ year business development or sales experience
- SaaS sales experience is a plus but not required!
- Ability to work onsite in Austin, TX (hybrid work schedule - office/remote)
Interplay Learning Ethos:
At Interplay, we love what we do. We embrace our daily challenge to push technological limits to invent better ways to make learning easier and training more powerful. We attract passionate people and invite spirited discourse. We celebrate that our jobs fit our lives, not the inverse. We are uncompromising in our belief that together: we can build better training, build better careers and build better lives for customers and our team.
- Generous vacation policy (3 weeks of PTO + week off around the end of year holidays)
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Private company stock options
- Learning stipend
At Interplay Learning, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are and how we operate our business. We're building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals for the betterment of each other, our company, and our customers. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Interplay Learning commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Interplay Learning is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need any reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Interplay Learning is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic or activity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.