Reporting to Sales Manager, the Sales Representative role is accountable for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned region/market or portfolio. The Sales Representative executes sales initiatives and develops and manages an account action plan, focusing on customer or market opportunities, monitoring results and making changes as needed. The Sales Representative is responsible for sales presentations and works closely with the marketing and lead qualification teams to provide market insight, adapt the go-to-market strategy, update client profiles and needs and research sources for the development of existing and prospect accounts. The role is responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer excellence.
- Ongoing contact with existing clients (based on a schedule required number of visits per year) to build and nurture relationships to ensure the maintenance of business, to expand the services being provided and to sign clients to contracts.
- Write proposals for new accounts, including Profit and Loss Analysis (P & L), follow-up on proposals that have been presented, ensure contracts are signed for new accounts and prepare accurate reporting for new account set-up. Materials Recovery Specialists are expected to obtain a predetermined number of profitable new accounts per month (the number is determined within each specific market area).
- Visits a predetermined number of existing accounts per month (the number is determined within each specific market area) and monitoring these accounts to ensure profitability.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the identified market area, including, but not limited to, existing accounts, account opportunities, competitors, tonnages, etc.
- Gather, obtain and record all account information from cold calls, service calls, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the Area Sales Manager on special projects (gaining/ submitting quotations on tenders, corporate packages etc.).
- Respond with a sense of urgency to all customer complaints, cancellations and inquiries and communicate all issues with the Area Sales Manager and/or General Manager.
- Prepare and provide each week a detailed weekly activity report (WAR) to the Sales Manager on the cold calls conducted, accounts retained, accounts gained and customer inquiries.
- Complete review of pricing, service charges and “Unbilled” reports each month.
- Each month, complete a summary of all activities (gains and losses), a listing of signed/re-signed accounts, Profit & Loss Analysis. This data will be summarized quarterly and annually and reviewed by management to evaluate performance and assist in the development of and comparison to budgets.
Your Background and Strengths
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- 2 to 3 years’ previous experience in a sales or marketing position is preferred. Experience in a related industry (recycling, waste management, etc.) would be a definite asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to make effective presentations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and have a clean driving record
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 business units located in North America and Europe.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Company car
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Driver's License (Required)
- On the road