The Data Center Solutions Architect will be a lead, pre-sales, Client focused role working with Account Managers, Professional Services and Managed Services teams. A Solutions Architect has the highest level of technical competence on the team in their respective discipline. The Solutions Architect is an individual contributor with team responsibilities for technical advocacy.
The Solutions Architect develops technical solutions and pre-sales deliverables in partnership with sales to address client needs relative to their practice area. They deliver well defined business value to clients through the pre-sales process.
We are looking for high performers who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Data Center Solutions Architect is primarily responsible for:
- Alignment with SMP Account Managers and Sales Leadership to evangelize data center technologies within our accounts, focusing on our strategic manufacturer partners.
- Client facing consultation and support - work to build trusted advisor relationships within our clients.
- Use knowledge and experience of technology, hardware, software and services to architect solutions for our clients.
- Works with clients to identify technical priorities, challenges & initiatives.
- Responsible for the creation & delivery of presales deliverables including bills of material, architectural diagrams, and proposals.
- Create and review statements of work including pricing of services.
- Knowledge of system analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Assist in solution lifecycle management and client technology roadmap development.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, customers/vendors, and management. Present a positive professional image to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment managing a range of customers and technical situations.
- Forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious team player, high performer.
- Ability to easily interface with external and internal stakeholders using a solutions-oriented approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer facing skills, and a can-do attitude are required.
General Business Development, Marketing and Partnership Responsibilities
- Develop and grow relationships with manufacturer partners.
- Act as a technology thought leader for marketing activities including speaking engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by delivering content and messaging
- BS/BA in technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology); or 5 to 7 years technical project leadership, development, consulting and/or experience in a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience designing, configuring and proposing technology solutions in the following focus areas:
- Sales support experience (client presentations, solution development, statement of work preparation).
- Proven ability to understand and capture complex business requirements to create technical solutions
- Certifications such as VMware VCP, VCAP, VCDX, Cisco CCDP, CCNP preferred.
- Public Cloud knowledge and certifications a plus.
- Understanding and/or application of DevOps a plus.
- Minimal, regional travel required
- Maintain and report on sales and service activity, sales pipeline and project status
- Maintain and acquire technical certifications where necessary
- Attend educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies as appropriate
- Performance and success will be measured by gross profit performance
- Performance-based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While a largely sedentary role, some lifting or carrying of items up to 50 pounds may occasionally be required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, up to 25% of the time is required.