Remote locations may be available in the following states: Missouri and Pennsylvania.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Irvine, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with database technologies, administration and management tools, performance tuning techniques, SQL, troubleshooting, and data migration strategies.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA, Master's).
- Experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and data backup strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work with technical Sales teams as an enterprise database subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explain technical features, help customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks related to database (and app) migration and data back ends for new app development.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as required.