- Manages and/or participates in the analysis of complex finance and/or operational projects that require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and the ability to deal with complex business issues.
- Assesses and seeks to improve financial performance of DME delivery and patient support business and assists with short-term and long-term forecasting. This includes but is not limited to supporting budgeting and full cycle revenue reconciliation and maintenance of rolling projections.
- Develops procedures, tools/dashboards and reporting to provide critical financial and operational performance information to the business unit leadership, finance and the executive team.
- With consideration of strategic and tactical plans/objectives, provides financial analysis support to the budgeting process by tracking and analyzing financial and budget performance and reporting in various formats back to business unit leadership and finance. This includes but is not limited to supporting the annual, quarterly and monthly budgets and forecasts; identifying trends; explaining variances, and communicating results via dashboards, forecast packages and standard templates.
- Performs moderately complex analysis to support effective business decisions on operational costs and pricing models. This includes but is not limited to assessing operational data, historical data and competitive benchmarks and developing models to ascertain profitability. Maintains and continually refines pricing models to maximize operational effectiveness.
- Develops and utilizes historical and forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans. This includes but is not limited to analyzing, reporting and optimizing for client revenues, gross profit/gross margin, as well as capex spend and utilization. Provides value by identifying and proposing opportunities for cost management/reductions and improving financial performance.
- Reviews, develops and analyses business cases in support of existing and new product development, new services or capital project spending. Makes recommendations to senior operational leadership and finance as appropriate. Additionally, tracks, reconciles, analyzes and reports on capital and other project spending as assigned or apparent.
- Participates with and support leadership, operations and other departments to develop, maintain and/or provide headcount/resource capacity model(s) to ensure optimal use of headcount and external consultant resources in daily operations and on special projects.
- Participates in on-going staff meetings, training activities and continuing education to maintain relevant understanding and knowledge of business operations, related procedures and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Supervisory and Managerial Responsibility
- This position does not have direct supervisory and managerial responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Ablities
Education, Licensure or Certification:
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of business, finance or accounting as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred.
Work Experience or Related Experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an operations finance analyst or business analyst role, preferably in a private equity sponsored healthcare, DME, benefit management or distribution organization.
- The ability to effectively provide accurate, relevant financial and operational information as described as normally obtained through at least two years’ experience as an operations finance analyst or business analyst.
- Experience in private equity sponsored healthcare or medical fields or distribution organization is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to extract, collate, and re-purpose data from multiple sources.
- Some technical knowledge of all functional accounting areas is preferred but not required.
- Incumbents should possess a high level of quantitative analysis and business analysis skills and be able to make effective judgments, recommendations and decisions on relative information to resolve issues. Incumbents must be required to support and/or to make high impact decisions and/or recommendations, even at times when insufficient information is available.
- Good leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making and organization skills is required. Incumbents must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Equipment and Software:
- Advanced proficiency of Excel and web-based tools are required.
- SQL, Access and other data mining, manipulation capabilities are a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or ERP systems is strongly preferred.
Travel Requirements and Conditions
- On rare occasions, travel may be required.
Work Environment, Conditions and Demands
- Work is performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements and Demands
- This position entails a high level of work performed at a computer terminal throughout the day as well as moderate use of a telephone or headset equipment
- Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment