A successful Business Development Manager will be a self-starter and proactive in identifying new business development opportunities, knowledgeable about the legal industry able to execute efficiently to achieve effective business development results. This person will report directly to the Director of Business Development and Sales.
Essential Job Duties:
- Support the development and implementation of the business plans and targeted business development initiatives of the practice group and its partners.
- Draft and coordinate custom pitches, client presentations and responses to RFPs to tailor to the client’s business and preferences.
- In connection with RFPs, analyze requirements, participate in the development of a clear and focused strategy, draft comprehensive responses, and collaborate with partners and business development team members across practice groups and offices as appropriate.
- Conduct and summarize research on new and prospective clients, competitive intelligence and market considerations, while utilizing litigation-related research tools such as Westlaw/Lexis, in preparation for client meetings, pitches/RFPs and other business development initiatives.
- Prepare submissions for legal directories and research guides, including the organization, drafting and editing of submissions, coordination of researcher interviews and tracking of rankings and accolades.
- Develop, draft, organize and maintain practice group marketing collateral and experience content, including practice area profiles, brochures, matter lists, website and intranet content.
- Maintain and/or build practice-specific contact lists in Firm-wide CRM system (InterAction).
- Identify, plan, and provide logistical support for all internal and external marketing events, speaking engagements and conferences.
- Ensure that all marketing collateral (e.g., pitches, brochures, client presentations, industry materials, web content, etc.) are presented in a consistent format of the highest professional quality, and, where relevant, apply design techniques to improve their readability and impact.
- Other projects and duties, as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: *
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other field required
- Minimum of seven years working in a business development and/or capacity; preferably in a law firm environment
- Strong understanding of law firm structure and business development and marketing teams
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to propose and implement solutions to drive sales and revenue
- Ability to provide guidance and suggestions to partners
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage multiple responsibilities
- Must be able to perform all essential duties
Ice Miller is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining talented attorneys and professional staff from all backgrounds. In order to succeed, we take great pride in a culture of inclusion where everyone at Ice Miller feels respected, is treated fairly and has the opportunity to perform at the highest potential. Learn more about Ice Miller’s Diversity & Inclusion efforts on our website.
Ice Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time