Who we are: D&L Parts Company, formerly known as D&L Appliance Parts, was established in 1955. Our American, family-owned company was created for the everyday handyman in need of the right parts, but unwilling to pay big box stores prices. Over the last 65 years, we realized the contractor’s emerging need for an all in one Parts, Tools, Appliances, and HVAC distributor. Our company took this as a challenge to create a store that fulfills everyone’s needs while staying true to our original purpose. To accomplish this, we expanded our locations, inventory, and product lines.
Currently, we have 18 convenient locations across North and South Carolina. We distribute both wholesale and retail, repair/replacement parts, accessories, maintenance supplies, tools, and equipment for major Appliances, Refrigeration, Residential, Light Commercial, Heating, and Air Conditioning brands. Since the beginning, D&L has devoted to servicing all customers from the do-it-yourselfers (DIY) to servicers, and contractors. No matter the size job, we are there every step of the way.
We treat our employees, customers, and community like family.
Our Family Values:
F – Fast – the ability to get your part in a timely manner
A – Accuracy – providing accurate information to our customers and employees at all times.
M – Manufacturers – partnering with the biggest and best manufacturers to keep the stock our communities need.
I – Investment in our people and our customers.
L – Listening to our customers and responding in a timely manner allowing them to make the most profit and accomplish their job effectively.
Y – You! As a customer, employee, or member of our community – YOU, are the best part of D&L!
But enough about us, here is what you would be doing if you join our team!
A Brief Overview
As a Counter Sales Manager, you will oversee all counter employees and provide customer support to all D&L customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products, procedures and policies during business hours. Not limited to issuing credits, ordering HVAC equipment and resolving customer's complaints and concerns.
What you will do
- Contributes to customer service and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results
- Develops a rapport with customers
- Surveying service fulfillment, problems, and complaints
- Answering incoming calls and assists customers
- Researching and resolves customer service issues by leading problem-solving resolution teams; identifying and assembling resources
- Making outbound calls to increase revenue and customer base
- Supervision of counter sales employees
- Responsible for Training of Counter Employees (new hire or existing) on how to use systems/product knowledge
- Will be required to come up with new systems to ensure we are running efficiently as possible on the counter
- Prepares, generates, and distributes requested information or reports to appropriate personnel including but not limited to sales reports, daily reports, and warranty claims
- Confirmes all UPS and Cohen orders are pulled and ready to ship
- Ensures Monthly Keeping it Safe has been completed by Safety Coordinator
- Processes counter, internet, and telephone sales orders via D&L’s Mainframe as required to meet/exceed sales, margins and profitability quota, up-selling and cross-selling to customers
- Informs customers of product availability, unit prices, delivery date, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by the customer
- Handles and processes warranty claims, paperwork, associated computer data entry, customer complaints, and problems effectively and timely
- Issue any/all credits that need to be handled at the counter
- Order HVAC equipment needed for customers
- Responsible for End of the day of the CC machine/Cash Drawer
- Responsible for cleanliness, organization, and stocking of Branch; accurately receives merchandise
- Participates in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses
- Operates within Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with D&L Company Policies and Handbook, including IT policies
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary for the business or as requested by Management
- 1 year or more Experience in HVAC/Appliance sales and customer service, and current knowledge of HVAC systems and parts.
- Wholesale/retail sales experience - Preferred
- Stable, solid work history - Required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to moderately difficult instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and area.
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment such as a calculator, fax machine, copier, etc. Computer/Internet proficiency.