Wicks Brewing in Riverside, CA is looking for a sales representative possessing a strong love of craft beer, a solid work ethic, a great personality and knows how to work with ease through high stress situations.
The sales and distribution representative will be the face of Wicks Brewing. On an everyday basis, this individual will be responsible for executing daily sales and delivery routes and communicating efficiently with both our team and multiple On-Premise and Off-Premise accounts. He or she should possess innate charisma for sales and building relationships, as well as a strong knowledge of craft beer.
- Instill trust and continually promote Wicks Brewing products with established and potential accounts
- Interface with consumers and accounts as a representative of the brand
- Assess customer’s individual usage needs and interests to best recommend products
- Plan and execute daily sales and delivery routes to ensure account satisfaction and growth
- Work with ownership, management, brewing and distribution team to develop sales goals by month to meet annual sales plans
- Create and analyze sales reports, build attainable sales goals, track weekly and monthly progress to goals
- Develop creative solutions to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Create and implement outside marketing strategies to increase brand recognition, loyalty, and growth
- Help develop annual marketing strategy and budget
- Recap progress, status, issues, and developments to management on regular basis
- Assist in strategy for product development and annual product calendars
- Effectively communicate with ownership, management, brewing and distribution team regarding: production schedule, beer quality, accounts receivable, and upcoming events
- Communicate any potential issues and corrective actions to management
- Identify gaps and opportunities and puts corrective actions in place
- Consistently demonstrate a working knowledge of craft beer
- Continually learn and retain detailed, precise, often scientific, information which you must present in an interesting, fun and engaging manner to groups of all sizes and levels of craft beer knowledge
- Identify future opportunities for Wicks Brewing through consumer dialogue and event activation
Additional Responsibilities (After COVID-19 Restrictions are lifted):
- Plan and organize outside events calendar, including but not limited to: beer festivals, taproom events, tap takeovers, pint nights, beer dinners and other events/promotions
- Attend, set-up, and break down all festival materials for outside events
- Clean, and perform occasional maintenance on Jockey Boxes
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Applicant must be 21 years or older at the time of application
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server Certificate required within first 30 days of employment
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years comparable sales experience strongly preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Preferred hospitality/service industry experience
- Preferred retail/customer service industry experience
- Able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driving record check (Driver’s License required)
- Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carrying supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Ability to lift kegs (150 lbs) to and from company vehicle
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and/or hot
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors
- Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- Able to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Travel required for off-site scheduled events
- Working personal vehicle required
Sales rep will report to the General Manager, and work side by side with Distribution and Brewing Team to develop and execute sales strategy.
Position requires extensive commuting, as well as weekend and evening work.
Must have previous sales experience, preferably in the craft beer industry.
If interested please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Compensation: Hourly + Commission
**Applications Accepted Until This Role Is Filled**
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wicks Brewing strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.