Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Group of Insurance Company is currently looking for an Executive Underwriter to join its San Francisco branch, but location is negotiable for the right candidate.
Under limited direction, works within broad limits and authority on highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in area of expertise.
May be accountable for the budget, performance and results of a team.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant underwriting experience
- Coach/mentor, serve as a training resource for junior members of the UW team
- Handle a portfolio of accounts outside of own resident branch (expanded geographic influence)
- Maintain a Client Executive (CE) role for a key branch account(s)
- Assume/maintain an agency manager role
- Lead production or key account management meetings for the CI team
- Take referrals/provide UW coaching to other UW's in the region in areas commensurate with their skill
- Serve as champion for branch/region initiatives i.e., cross sell, product lines/industry practices
- Consistent demonstration of high level sales acumen in addition to UW acumen; consistent high level new business contributor
- Subject Matter Expert/Liaison to provide support and act as a conduit to other stakeholders
- Strong Collaboration with CI Manager and EVP on technical and staffing matters
- Collaborates with CI Manager/HRM in the oversight of people management including the attraction and development of talent, performance management, compensation recommendations, performance coaching, and disciplinary process
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.