About OnTarget Group
Challenge is fuel to our progress
As a multiple Gold Microsoft Partner, OnTarget Group specializes in cloud technology, digital transformation, and professional services to bring relevant initiatives to life. Our growing team of experienced professionals are united by the thrill of taking complex challenges and turning them into elegant, creative solutions that drive efficiency and growth for our clients.
OnTarget Group is a brand new spinoff of Dynamaze Consulting, a Montreal-based consulting firm with 10+ years of experience, and will soon be launching its own dedicated web presence. In the meantime, we’re building our team!
Who we’re looking for next:
OnTarget Group is seeking a Business Development Manager to drive new business by opening doors with new clients, assessing their needs and positioning OnTarget Group as the right solutions partner to enable their growth. This is a full-time, permanent role based in Montreal, Canada.
You will be responsible for:
- Proactively building a pipeline of qualified leads, for example, via LinkedIn outreach, networking at industry events, identifying and pursuing referral sources such as clients/partners, as well as through other strategic activities you choose to undertake
- Holding discovery meetings with potential clients to assess their goals and obstacles regarding their IT operations (travel may be required when restrictions allow)
- In collaboration with Practice Leads, building and presenting solution proposals to demonstrate the ROI to clients in partnering with OnTarget Group
- Negotiating and closing new business, ongoing account management as needed
- Collaborating in defining and shaping OnTarget Group’s evolving commercial strategy and processes in order to attract the right clients and drive business growth
Required skills, abilities & experience:
- 5+ years experience in business development/sales in relevant contexts, eg. B2B, IT, service-based, and/or growth/startup/scale-up environments
- Strategic understanding of cloud business applications and IT solutions
- Consultative approach: able to ask the right questions, infer and anticipate business needs on behalf of clients, build trust and credibility with client stakeholders
- Intrapreneurial mindset: self-motivated, solution-oriented, strong presentation skills and interpersonal abilities, interest in taking on increasing leadership over time
- Proficiency in English, comfort in French (bilingual team)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience; formal sales training is considered an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation: mix of base salary, variable performance-based pay, equity
- Group health and dental benefits, coming soon
- Flexible work and time off schedule, option to work from home or office in Montreal's Little Italy area
- Opportunity to join an experienced team of IT business solutions experts in a key client-facing role, helping to shape the company's growth trajectory through your commercial leadership
- Collaborative, casual culture; freedom in designing your work, frequent office BBQs and events, annual company-sponsored team-building retreat for employees and their families
Expected start date: 2021-09-13
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commission pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- How would you describe your level of proficiency in English?
- How would you describe your level of proficiency in French?
- Will you now or in future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- What type of notice period do you require before starting to work?
- Business development: 2 years (required)