So what does Leadership look like at Performance Foodservice? It is:
- Giving credit, not taking it
- Breaking down barriers, not building them
- Embracing diversity, while building unity
- Thinking big and acting bigger
- Focusing on short-term objectives without losing sight of long-term value
- And most of all, leadership is about truly caring for those whom you serve
Why Performance Foodservice? Here’s Why…
- High performing, fast growing location with a great team!
- We are a national company with a local family feel!
- Competitive pay (+ bonus) and benefits, including 401(k), vacation, holidays, personal days and so much more!
- Be a part of helping the restaurants you love build their dreams!
- Effectively manages in a changing environment. Skills include leadership, planning, developing policies, delegation, and tracking performance against measurable goals.
- Articulate, professional, and effective at building relationships using oral and written communication.
- Supervises transportation supervisor(s), router(s), administrative staff and/or delivery and shuttle drivers to ensure deliveries are made in a safe, efficient and timely manner, maintaining dependability and customer satisfaction.
- Manages staff of drivers; hires, schedules, provides training and guidance, establishes job standards and regularly evaluates performance.
- Oversees day-to-day administration of delivery function including: managing, monitoring and approving department expenses, calculating driver payroll, reviewing driver trip and expense reports, and identifying and resolving delivery, customer and related problems. Operates a computer keyboard to enter and access data in automated fleet management system (e.g., PeopleNet, Roadnet, DriveCam); ensures truck computer system is monitored and maintained.
- Prepares transportation operating budget; performs cost analyses (e.g., truck leases, fuel consumption, etc.) and coordinates financial reporting.
- Works closely with Warehouse and Sales leadership to ensure the highest level of efficiency within the operation.
- Oversees scheduling truck deliveries and routing, including backhauls, and changes routes accordingly to meet customer needs and to maximize route profitability. Responsible for equipment scheduling and maintenance. Analyzes equipment needs (trucks, tractors, trailers) and determines type and number required. Sets up rental of additional vehicles as required and schedules equipment maintenance as necessary
- Responsible for DOT compliance, monitoring DOT logs and ensuring drivers comply with DOT regulations. Responsible for compliance with safety policies and procedures, for example, maintains and updates all relevant information on drivers such as license, DOT medical certification, tickets for moving violations, accidents, and other risk and safety-related data.
- May be called upon to cover a delivery route at times, as business and staffing levels dictate.
- Performs other duties as assigned to drive business objectives and results.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 4-6 Years transportation related experience including in-depth knowledge of DOT regulations and experience with operations of computerized fleet management systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in DOT and OSHA related compliance requirements.
- Basic/Intermediate computer literacy to include MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License/Former Driver
- Bachelors Degree in logistics, operations management or related field.
- 6 - 10 Years transportation related experience including supervisory level experience.
- Foodservice distribution or related industry experience.
- Fleet systems experience especially Roadnet routing, PeopleNet, DriveCam, Point-of-Delivery scanning.
- Formula pay system experience.
- Multi-location experience, i.e. shuttle yards/remote depots.
- Proven analytical skills including financials, data mining, spreadsheet, graph & charting techniques.
Address Line 1