Our Holiday Inn Express Webster is seeking experienced hotel sales professionals for this career opportunity! Principal responsibilities include outside sales calls to generate new business, client service to retain and expand existing base, and spotlighting our property in the competitive Rochester market. This is a hands-on position that works closely with the General Manager to maximize revenues and profits. This position is eligible for our incentive bonus plan, health, dental, and 401k plan, among other benefits.
Requires a proven record of success in hotel sales and marketing, including forecasting, budgeting and RFPs. Major brand experience preferred. College degree preferred, preferably in related field of study. Apply via this site or for faster consideration in person at 860 Holt Road, Webster. Join Rochester's premier hotel management company! Equal Opportunity Employer.Responsibilities:
- Administers inside direct sales and strategies and communicates leads to the General Manager.
- Administers group events including inputting group blocks for new and current clients, sending back confirmation numbers and contracts to clients and communicating with them through the end of their stay.
- Assists in actively selling room nights through public relations, advertising, sales blitzes, direct mail campaigns and other promotional programs.
- Effectively analyzes the strength and weaknesses of all hotels in the competitive set and develops marketing strategies to counteract their success.
- Forecast occupancy fluctuations and direct selling activities to maximize revenues.
Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions, uses reason at all times. Makes timely decisions while exhibiting sound judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Project Management – Organize, maintain and track sales data using sales pro or provided sales tracking software. Prepares weekly, monthly and annual sales reports as required. Facilitates guest of the day program and other frequent guest programs.
- Customer Service –Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance.
- Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly, and has the ability to read and interpret written information. Communicates change effectively. Assists in identifying and maintaining constant communication with hotels key accounts.
- Team Work – Exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Upholds organizational values, treats people with respect and promotes a harassment free environment. Works closely with company revenue manager to maximize revenue results. Works as a manager on duty as assigned by the General Manager. Works with marketing team on a regular basis. Regularly meets with DOS to communicate and discuss sales activities. Coordinates catering events and communicates with kitchen staff.
- Quality Management – Aligns work with strategic goals, looking for ways to improve and promote quality while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to increase productivity. Ensures meeting room is set up to standard prior to events.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, changing approach or method to best fit a situation.
- Initiative - Take independent actions and calculated risks, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestion for improving work and takes responsibility for own actions. Delegates work assignments, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Schedule and track all sales appointments ensuring the required amount of sales calls are achieved. Actively sell to in-house guests. Maintains all sales files and trace file system.
- Compliance - Maintains confidentiality. Ensures adherence to the rules, regulations, policies, procedures and the pricing and marketing philosophy as set forth by the company and hotel brand. Follows up on franchise RFP programs as required by brand.
- Business Acumen – Must achieve occupancy and rate index as outlined by Buffalo Lodging. Achieve or exceed occupancy, rate and RevPar as outlined in property budget. Leads and directs sales efforts of hotel. Understands business implications of decisions, aligns work with strategic goals. Accurately forecast occupancy changes based on the changing market conditions. Analyzes revenue management strategy using such tool s as Star reports, demand analysis and applicable front office systems. Knows the principle competition for each market segment.
What we Offer:
At Buffalo Lodging, we are committed to keeping our most important assets – our employees – healthy, happy and productive. To achieve this, we offer a variety of benefits including the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discounts – for You, Your Friends and Family
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Activities & Events
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program