Directly responsible for selling new and used vehicles at the dealership. The gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standard will be set by management.
- Realize that business is built on customer satisfaction and devote to guaranteeing satisfaction to our customers.
- Be able to create a good working relationship with all employees.
- Be able to determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening.
- Be able to do a complete feature and benefit presentation on all products in the vehicle line-up with each and every customer.
- Ensure that every customer receives a demonstration ride.
- Introduce that every customer is given a tour of the service department after every test drive explaining the benefits.
- Handle the entire delivery process of the vehicle, including:
a) Make sure vehicle has all the necessary equipment installed.
b) Make sure every used vehicle has been safety checked prior to delivery to the customer.
c) Make sure the vehicle is fueled then cleaned inside and out to dealer standards one hour prior to delivery.
d) Make sure all documents are signed correctly and that all moneys due are collected. A manager is to inspect all paperwork before a customer is released.
e) Make sure the customer understands all the features of their new vehicle.
f) Ensure that the registration documentation is done in a timely fashion and correctly. The customer should be contacted as soon as the registration arrives.
g) Introduce the customer to a service consultant before delivery.
h) Make sure that the owner’s manual is filled out, the vehicles warranty is explained and the maintenance schedule is understood.
i) Cover the new vehicle customer satisfaction survey with every customer stressing the importance of 100% satisfaction.
j) A salesperson must have 100% follow up after delivery on every customer.
- Be punctual to all scheduled shifts and meetings.
- Maintain an owner follow up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Work with the general sales manager to maintain a prospect development system.
- Make a sincere effort to contact every potential customer that has visited the showroom within 24 hours and document your efforts.
- Continually learn product updates, features, accessories, etc. and their benefits to the customer.
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Develop a method of self-evaluation that will enable you to track your effectiveness in selling.
- Understand the basic federal and local laws pertaining to retail auto sales.
- Must be able to pass all product knowledge tests given by the general sales manager.
- Be able to do a complete product demonstration.
- Have a reasonable knowledge of the main competitive models and the differences and advantages of our brand.
- Follows the dress code the company has put in place. Maintains a clean and neat work area.
- Follows federal, state and local law as well as company policy about safeguarding all information.
- Reports on time to work and follows schedule that is given. Calls supervisor if he/she cannot be at work on time.
- Keeps current with annual HR training along with any other training that might be required for this position.
- Follows all company policies and procedures. Notifies supervisor of any illegal activity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, please see your supervisor if you need an accommodation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, please see your supervisor if you need an accommodation.