POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Brand Ambassador is responsible for generating sales by providing the customer with an exceptional shopping experience through both front-of-house and back-of-house operations. Senior Brand Ambassadors truly act as the face and voice of our Company, build brand recognition, and successfully promote our product through the engagement of customers in meaningful ways to increase our Company’s brand awareness and to generate sales. The Senior Brand Ambassador is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
- Consistently demonstrate the AEOCustomer First selling standards in order to deliver a positive customer experience and achieve daily sales goals.
- Supports leadership with store opening and closing operations.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to increase store sales productivity through effective merchandise handling process.
- Drive AE brand loyalty through being knowledgeable about all AEO loyalty programs and consistently informing customers of each program.
- Leverage company tools and technology to confidently provide the customer with product knowledge which will enhance customer engagement and maximize sales.
- Communicate clear priorities and productivity goals to Stock and Sales Associates and hold team and self‐accountable for achieving them.
- Consistently provide support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
- Outfit the customer by suggesting key looks and incorporating the latest trends and current promotions based on the customer's individual style.
- Promote awareness and growth of the AEO and aerie brands by introducing customers to additional brand channels.
- Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Ensure return merchandise is restocked to the correct product location on the sales floor; all damaged and defective merchandise is properly labeled and placed in appropriate area at the end of each shift.
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean, and organized sales floor, cash wrap, fitting room, and stockroom to ensure the store environment is safe and presentable for employees and customers.
- Execute efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from shipment processing, floorsets, markdown optimization, and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures(SOP).
- Proactively resolve customer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind; partner with store leadership team on elevated customer issues.
- Understand and adhere to all company policy and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 1+ years retail experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team, and associates.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only short rest breaks; reach, bend, stoop, etc. to handle products. Available to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to perform all Essential job functions.
- Proficient with technology.
- Must be able to lift between 15 and 50 pounds at times.
- Climbing ladders to re-stock and obtain merchandise and or step stool.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a retail space.
- Ability to continuously walk, frequently push/pull, occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline, and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to wear face masks regardless of vaccination status, curbside pickup is available, guests are strongly encouraged to wear face masks, and extensive cleaning measures are taken in store.
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location