This position reports directly to the Department Manager and will be working within the Newfoundland Service group located at 26A Dundee Avenue, Mount Pearl, NL. The position involves working on a full-range of mechanical service projects opportunities including: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Building Automation Controls, Gas/Propane and Oil work in the commercial, retail, manufacturing and institutional markets.
As the ideal candidate you:
- Are focused on a long term career.
- Are prepared to invest, with the proper training, the time necessary to take your career to the next level.
- Enjoy connecting with people on the phone, videoconferencing or face-to-face.
- Love to win all the time and find motivation in temporary setbacks.
- Have the ability to work in a self-directed way within a team environment.
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Understand the importance of demonstrating value, having fun and being invited back.
For the ideal candidate, we offer:
- Immediate / ongoing training.
- Insightful mentorship / technical support.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Company benefits.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Project sales and negotiation with clients following specific sales approach.
- Prepare estimates for our various service offerings and develop custom solutions adapted to our customers' needs.
- Prepare and present personalized written proposals, with energy analysis and cost justifications for existing and new clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new clients.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with our business partners: suppliers, sub-contractors, utilities and inspectors.
- Support our service group and maintain strong communications with the technicians in the field.
- Manage customer accounts and visit potential and existing accounts to maintain and generate business.
- Arrange for the purchasing of materials as well as assist in the scheduling, planning and implementation of secured projects.
- Travel to various sites or clients to undertake the above.
- Be accountable for the tracking of developed and potential opportunities within our sales tracking interface (SalesForce).
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Graduate of mechanical engineering or technology program would be an asset;
- Years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in the construction mechanical and/or HVAC industry may substitute for education requirements.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- HVAC background would be considered an asset;
- Previous sales and customer service experience would be considered an asset;
- Estimating experience would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience within the service business would be considered an asset;
- Related work experience in commercial building systems;
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of mechanical HVAC, controls, piping and related equipment;
- Motivated and able to work with deadlines;
- Organization and time management;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project);