Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated and experienced Business Development Manager at our Irvine, CA location. Tyvak is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to Commercial and Government customers. As the Business Development Manager for Commercial Space, the candidate will work within our business development and executive teams to manage and oversee Tyvak’s offerings to the commercial space marketplace. As a member of the business development team, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in the satellite industry and possess commercial, and civil space insights to grow Tyvak’s capabilities and technologies.
- Work with the executive team and program directors to implement strategies to secure new commercial business opportunities
- Track commercial space market/industry trends, budgets, policy developments, and international opportunities and interests
- Align and implement sales strategies to grow Tyvak’s commercial space unit
- Maintain and grow the pipeline of commercial spacecraft programs within Tyvak by expanding the commercial customer base
- Grow existing business opportunities and nurture relationships with existing customers.
- Develop and present bid/no-bid presentations for current and future opportunities
- Evaluate and assess Tyvak technologies, capabilities, and goals for alignment with new business, mission, and proposal opportunities
- Manage the proposal planning, preparation, and submission of proposals by leading and driving the proposal development team
- Collaborate with the marketing and business development teams to identify and generate marketing material and strategic communication
- Develop mature cost-estimates and quick ROM quotes for customers as needed to convert leads into potential customers
- Maintain and utilize a network of commercial space contacts to meet sales goals and grow the commercial pipeline
- Represent Tyvak at conferences, trade shows and industry events
- Respond to online inquiries regarding partnership opportunities and questions about Tyvak capabilities and services as they pertain to the commercial market
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience or a proven record in a technical, business development role and/or technical space-related field
- Previous experience as a Systems Engineer or Program Manager on aerospace projects is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Understanding of all business development, capture, proposal, and program management competencies and practices
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and proficiency in task management.
- Experience with customer relationship management tools
- Experience developing proposals for defense and civil agency announcements and mission opportunities
- Reasonable understanding of solicitation process and selection criteria for NASA, NOAA, DOD, and other commercial and government entities
- Experience leading, coordinating, and contributing technical and cost volumes for large aerospace proposals
- Ability to synthesize technical information quickly and host discussion regarding Tyvak’s technical capabilities and services
- Documentation and configuration management experience
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels.
- Master's degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in a fast-paced aerospace environment with quick-turn responses regarding opportunity
- Applicant should be willing and eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance and all special accesses required to work at such facilities.
This is largely a sedentary role with heavy computer usage. Position may require incumbent to move files, open filing cabinets and bend/stand as necessary. The position will require travel to potential customer locations and to industry events.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, virtual collaboration tools, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Equity Incentive Plan
- PTO and Holidays during the calendar year
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This job description does not alter the “At-Will” nature of the position. Employment with the Company will remain “at-will” unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the President of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Terran Orbital and any Terran Orbital Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, veteran status, disability status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.