- Direct customer sales and implementation of AAR sales strategies, forecasting sales, business development of existing and new customers to achieve the established AAR Sales business plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile data of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from World fleet, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other Aviation sources.
- Travel through assigned territory to meet with current and prospective customers
- Educate customer(s) regarding technical improvements and reliability upgrades offered by AAR.
- Discuss suitability of different types of inventory solutions to meet customers’ requirements sale / lease / exchange (or other)
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Verify customers credit qualifications & establish account set up per AAR policy
- Establish long term agreements for repeat business (LTA / GTA or other).
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepare reports of market intelligence / business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing, engineering, and senior leadership contacts throughout customer mix
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Attend trade shows where required to represent AAR and company values
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral Communication skills including the ability to promote and negotiation commercial and technical solutions
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Strong customer orientation
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Negotiating skills: must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive
- Technical Aviation Knowledge
- Existing industry knowledge and relationships in the commercial MRO aftermarket
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, PTO, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please click “Apply Online” at the bottom of this page.