Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
We're committed to applying clinical and economic evidence and integrated technologies to our unmatched portfolio of therapies to develop healthcare solutions that increase patient access, improve the efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
The Neuromodulation Operating Unit offers solutions — from early interventional procedures to implantable surgical technologies — that treat chronic pain as well as pain from spinal fractures, cancer, and severe spasticity.
Our key Interventional Pain therapies include: Balloon Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, and Radiofrequency Ablation
Click here to learn more about our Balloon Kyphoplasty products.
Click here to learn more about our Vertebroplasty products.
Click here to learn more about our Radiofrequency Ablation products.
This is a field based role.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Generates new sales: Develops leads, recruits new surgeons, qualifies prospects, and makes sales calls
- Grows existing Kyphon business and develop new opportunities
- Works autonomously, utilizing corporate resources to generate revenue and meet/exceed quota
- Implements approved marketing strategies
- Aggressively seeks new customers and formulates and follow plans for such action as directed by the District Sales Manager
- Responds to customer complaints in accordance with Medtronic Spinal & Biologics policy and advise District Sales Manager and Medtronic Spinal & Biologics promptly of any situation beyond scope of authority
- Stays attentive to competitor’s product and merchandizing practices and to keep the District Sales Manager and Medtronic Spinal & Biologics informed concerning them
- Maintains up-to-date customer record books and other records in accordance with District Sales Manager instructions
- Prepares and submits call reports as required by District Sales Manager
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed
- Assists in the field training of any sales person as requested by the District Sales Manager
- Cooperates with all personnel on the execution of Company programs
- Creates and implements an annual business plan with quarterly updates
- Provides service to customers per their individual needs
- Responds in a timely manner to all reporting requirements and requests
- Adheres to company policies and conducts all business in an ethical manner
- Manages business within assigned budgets and with Medtronic Spinal and Biologics profitability in mind
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader —that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
To learn more about Inclusion & Diversity at Medtronic Click Here
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of sales experience with 3 of those 5 years in medical sales; or
- Bachelor's Degree plus 3 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience plus 2 years of additional prior sales or clinical experience.
Nice to Have
- Ortho, spine or O.R. experience
- Ability to sell in an environment where partnering with a surgeon is critical and ability to sell a new device or procedure
- Proven leadership abilities and experience in selling value-added program
- Fully knowledgeable about the anatomy and capable of effectively explaining after the completion of sales training. After two weeks in the territory, should be able to describe the anatomy of the spine and anatomical landmarks necessary to instruct a surgeon on the use of Kyphon’s products.
- Thrives in an environment of variety and rapid growth & change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Accustomed to working independently with a high degree of accountability
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)