Hyliion is looking for an ITSolutions Engineer (ITSE) to join our team in Cedar Park, TX. This full-time position offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the trucking industry. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun. You will be joining a growing IT team with the remit to build or deploy cloud first systems from ground up. In this role, you will be working across functional lines to deploy, integrate and enhance our applications portfolio. Reports to Director of IT Applications.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Hyliion Inc, cloud computing and SaaS first platforms continues to allow us to modernize and consolidate IT and Security services, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, we are seeking an experienced IT Solutions Engineer to work in our growing applications function. The ITSE will develop technical designs and solutions for complex integration opportunities and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for various integration solutions. This person must be highly technical and a team player as they will be utilized as a project lead providing additional oversight to lead the projects and guide customers. This is a hands-on role i.e., ITSE will not only propose and design solutions across various SaaS and/or on-premises applications but also deploy them.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Define integration development objectives by analyzing user requirements and collaborating with stakeholders to ensure architecture is aligned with business requirements; envisioning system features and functionality and making pragmatic recommendations on enhancements.
- Ensure that projects and integration solutions deliver functionally, enhance company integration platform, and adhere to the company’s methodology and technical strategy.
- Maintain technical documentation with all technical details and proper visual diagrams for easy understanding.
- Integrate solutions with COTS applications, platforms and / or external systems.
- Define, review and update architecture and API documentation.
- Work with various SaaS application vendors and Hyliion users to understand integration needs and execute on those requirements.
- Prioritize access and audit controls while proposing and implementing solutions.
- Able to design and build middleware API solutions is required
- Experience designing RESTful, versioned, API micro services is required.
- Experienced in evaluate and deployment API Management solutions such as MuleSoft, Boomi etc.
- SQL language proficiency on common database platforms such as SQL Server and Oracle management systems.
- Proficient in CI/CD pipelines, Docker (Kubernetes) Container Orchestration, Routing Mesh, Message Bus, and API Gateways.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the skills to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- 6+ years developing and supporting Data Integration solutions.
- 4+ years in Systems Integration design and development.
- Extensive experience working with cloud, on-premises, and hybrid cloud solutions.
Preferred Qualifications: (if applicable)
- Automotive or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office.
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.