Norgren is part of the global engineering organization IMI plc. IMI is at the forefront of delivering the solutions we need in a changing world and is focused on creating tremendous value by solving key industry problems in attractive markets and working with the best.
Norgren has a proud history of creating innovative engineering solutions in precise motion control and fluid technology, and we collaborate with our customers across more than 50 countries in critical areas such as Factory Automation, Material Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life Science, and Commercial Vehicles.
Are you ready to make a difference? The Key Account Manager position holds a vital role in the organization responsible for growing and developing key strategic customers by positioning Norgren’s innovative solutions to allow our customers’ mission of improving and saving lives possible. This sales position is focused on direct OEM relationships and business development in the medical device, biotechnology, diagnostic, and analytical instrumentation segments. The Key Account Manager is responsible for achieving revenue and profitability goals, developing a solid opportunity pipeline, expanding the current customer base, implementing and executing strategic business plans at executive levels within the Life Science Vertical.
Location: Remote position - 50-75% Travel required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary responsibility of this role will be to locate, define, develop, negotiate, and close new business within OEM Life Science Vertical.
- Understands instrumentation specifications of customers’ products that could use our “platform, off-the-shelf” products or benefit by creating more value from a Norgren custom solution. Drive the instrumentation specifications of the selected end-user accounts.
- Identify product development strategies with “Voice of the Customer” input to address the requirements and needs of these key customers to promote, implement and drive these well-justified business development plans through the Norgren organization.
- Understanding the customer’s needs, the KAM develops a sound, strategic business case garnering internal champions to partner in driving this through our process in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
- Promotes the broad range of Norgren products and design capabilities to engineering, purchasing, quality, marketing, and other departments within a diverse set of companies throughout the key Life Science segments.
- Prepares, negotiates, and manages all customer pricing programs and contracts, while ensuring all IMI terms and conditions are considered and upheld in contractual negotiations.
- Maintains a general awareness of developments within the Life Science segments, to provide feedback on customer issues, competitor activities, new business opportunities, pricing trends, consolidation activities, and marketing initiatives.
- Keeps accurate new business opportunity funnel and customer account data within the company CRM system relative to lead referral, new opportunities, account activities, quotes, forecasts, and other pertinent information as required by management.
- Provide timely and complete reports and other information as required by management.
- Other duties as assigned including but are not limited to accepting orders, aid in helping resolve customer issues, collecting on delinquent accounts, coordinating deliveries.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration/Management, Marketing, or similar required.
- 7+ years of experience in selling engineered products, solutions into the US Life Sciences market.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrate a technical understanding of valves, regulators, and manifolds along with their application within our target market and applications.
- Ability to work unsupervised for extensive periods and will have experience working closely with key end-users.
- Experience and comfort in communicating and building working relationships with customers at the senior decision-making level for world-class Life Science concerns.
- Experience and comfort in preparing and delivering technical and sales presentations to all audiences.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to translate strategic direction into their own tactical action plan at their designated key accounts.
- Demonstrated track record of sales performance.
- Ability to hunt, position, and close large, complex sales opportunities.
Computers and Technology
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Valid Driver’s License
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office environment involves frequent standing, sitting, and walking. Daily administrative tasks require frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination for accurate typing, paperwork, and other tasks. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Health, Safety, and Environmental
Employees are responsible for the Health, Safety, and Welfare of themselves, the environment, and other people. All employees must comply with HSE training and instructions, help to maintain a safe & clean working environment, and use any Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Company.
Employees must report any accidents, incidents, and near misses to management. Additionally, employees are expected to notify management of any dangerous or potentially dangerous situations or practices.
Additional information can be found on the IMI Global Intranet under Health & Safety.
The IMI Code of Conduct
All employees are expected to represent the values and maintain the standards contained in The IMI Code of Conduct. The IMI Code of Conduct can be found on the IMI Global Intranet under About IMI.
The IMI Way Behaviors
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate The IMI Way Behaviors: Connect, Learn, Improve, Deliver and Lead. Detailed definitions and performance metrics for each behavior can be found on the IMI Global Intranet in the Performance Management section inside HR.
Changes to this Job Description
The Company may amend this job description in whole or part, at any time, without notice.