The North America Pursuit Director will be based out of our office in Houston, TX and is specifically charged to:
- Pursue and develop One Emerson win strategies as a member of a world class project pursuit organization in North America
- Develop and communicate winning strategies with the collective sales teams and Emerson Business Units and work a tactical sales execution plan and lead focused teams of resources from multiple sites, functions, disciplines, and divisions to win profitably LARGE Strategic Projects to grow Global market participation and installed base and to “Maximize the Pull” of other Emerson Devices / Valves and other Products and Services.
These Large Strategic Projects will Typically be in the size range of $5M to $200M in total potential for Emerson. Projects will be assigned post approval by the North American Project Director in concert with the World Area Pursuit Teams.
- Develop a Win Strategies for a ONE Emerson win for specified strategic projects
- Provide overall Leadership to for the Strategic Project Pursuit
- Set the clear Vision and Strategy for the Strategic Project Pursuit
- Lead the development of the Project Pursuit Strategic Planning process
- Manage, coach and mentor the pursuit, sales and business unit teams on the win strategy
- Provide Training and Mentoring to sales and business unit teams in North America
- Develop and implement a solid communication plan with the Emerson business units and sales teams.
For the strategic Project Pursuits assigned:
- Develop the strategic sales pursuit plan and structure of the core team required to successfully win the pursuit.
- Leading all internal and external project pursuit resources necessary to win the assigned project; and coordinating all available internal resources including world area sales, divisional sales, proposal resources, project execution teams, executive management and external local business partners.
- Overseeing the development of sales strategy; forging relationships with defined end users, partners and engineering contractors; having direct involvement throughout the project pursuit lifecycle including sales pursuit, proposal generation / submittal, and contract negotiation and then involvement with the project execution, delivery, start-up/ commissioning and final project hand off.
- Utilizing a pre-defined project pursuit methodology including opportunity qualifications and screening, sales team assignments, communications planning, sales strategy developments, executive management involvement and reporting, proposal planning, competitive analysis, customer business analysis, risk analysis and mitigation, and pursuit success probability.
- Understand and manage project pursuit costs. Being mindful of cost will be a key responsibility for this position and will include personal expense and global sale pursuit team expenses. The person in this role must be able to identify and eliminate unnecessary meetings, teleconferences and travel in order to contain internal expenses.
- Maximize our Project Win ratio while winning at a price premium based on a differentiated business case and customer value creation and understand the overall Emerson platform profitability on the global pursuits.
- Develop strategic and tactical steps throughout the sales pursuit lifecycle, leveraging the Strategic Selling Models endorsed by Emerson Sales.
- A minimum of 10-15 Years process experience with in-depth multi-division product, services and solutions knowledge.
- Proven Leadership and Management skills
- Ability to effectively work in multi-cultural environments
- Experience managing businesses and teams with a sales volume in excess of $20M
- Strong understanding of project management and execution fundamentals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Effective written communications to global sales team members is critical.
- In-depth knowledge of professional selling techniques for large capital projects. This requirement will include previous training and extensive experiences with Strategic Selling Solutions Selling Programs, Consultative Selling, presentations, negotiations, conflict management, communications planning and global sales leadership.
- Capable of researching how each different customer is measured and have the ability to develop an appropriate Emerson PlantWeb value proposition.
- Understand contacting strategies, execution practices and measurements with global engineering contractors
- Must be able to undertake extensive international travel; travel at short notice and unforeseen extended periods away from home.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following industries: Oil & Gas Processing and Treating; Liquefied natural Gas Processes; Gas to Liquids Processes; Basic Refining Processes; Basic Petrochemical Process (continuous and batch); Metal & Mining Operations; Pulp & Paper Processes; Life Sciences Operations; Power Generation and Municipality Operations