Boncura offers value-based care, revenue cycle management and practice management services for DMG and other clients.
We have amazing benefits and great opportunities for growth!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the coordinator of Cancer Registry with accountability to the team, performs all functions within the Cancer Registry including abstracting and follow-up activities necessary to maintain an accredited Free-standing Integrated Oncology Program as required by the American College of Surgeons; Commission on Cancer. The candidate will serve as primary case abstractor with proven ability to meet productivity standards and 97% accuracy rate. Case abstraction is performed in full compliance with CoC standards -STORE(FORDs) current version and ISCR guideline. Secondary duties include but not limited to: Assist in responding to data requests and assists in cancer conference weekly meetings. Detail oriented and organized. Willing to learn and accept mistakes. Improve on identified opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with electronic medical record and information systems
- EMR Navigation and information retrieval methods
- Proficient computer knowledge including experience with data management applications
- Technology literate and comfortable working with different media devices.
- Demonstrate understanding of recognized quality measure of selected cancer sites
- Maintains standardized abstract format with high quality data collection
- Adheres to accrediting body guidelines for coding treatment methodology.
- Complete abstracts with the most current applicable rules: CS manual, MP&H, Hematopoietic DB and the use of SEER RX interactive DB.
- Practical knowledge of clinical staging documentation.
- Trained user of registry software, (METRIQ preferred)
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills needed.
- Key Competencies
- Customer Service - interacts positively with all customers and takes immediate action to meet customer needs.
- Interpersonal/Communication/Relationships - builds effective working relationships and treats others with respect.
- Information Management - accesses, uses and presents information as relevant to position; demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules and uses medical information as appropriate to position.
- Makes decisions that consider the impact on other areas of the organization
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of department as needed
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles and ethics of the organization
- Facilitates and supports change within Boncura
EDUCATION and / or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Associate degree in Health care background and CTR required
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) preferred. RHIT or RHIA registration
- At minimum must have Associate degree preferably in health sciences.RHIT credential highly desired.At least 2 years of working experience in health-care settingMust be computer literate, proficient in MS office suite productsWorking experience of Electronic Medical Record; Epic, Allscripts, McKesson and/or CernerSelf-motivated and willing to adapt changes within the department/organizational and regulatory environment